F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tired of these Cruiser mother #$%^&*@

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of these Cruiser mother #$%^&*@

Rant mode on....

Ok, I dont know about you guys but I'm really tired of these cruiser mother #$%^&*^. I dont know about you guys but I like to break down the walls of cruiser vs sportbike. Personally I think its just dumb. I feel we are united 2 wheel drivers! I tell you though, these cruiser folks dont make that any easier.

I hate to stereo type and lump them all together cause lets face it. Are there jerks on sport bikes ...yes, are there jerks on cruisers ...yes. However, I have recently come into a rash of stuck up, snobby, not gonna wave back, "I'm a cruiser rider" a-holes lately.

Here is what I find ironic.....its one thing if you have that crappy attitude, and you have a custom harley or something. With half these snobs though.....I want to scream at them "hey pal yours says honda just like mine!

Furthurmore........what I like about these Harley riders is that they are now all Christmas Cowboys....they get a bran new bike and leathers for xmas and all of a sudden they are Mr easy rider! Weekend commandos! All of em up here in seattle are software geeks from microsoft that get paid way to much money!!!!! Oh and they are stuck up.

I've had it!

Mossman....Seattle[:@]

Old 07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Default RE: Tired of these Cruiser mother #$%^&*@

Well, cannot say that I have ran into that problem soo bad around here. I get a wave back from everyone when I am riding.. Now the stepfather is a whole other story. he hates sportbikes and loves harleys and choppers and crap. Recently I bought an 02 F4i and he threw a hissy fit and actually filed for divorce from my mother because I bought a sportbike instead of a cruiser. He told me when I was 16 I was not allowed to own one, and now I am 20. that was 4 years ago and hes still sore over it. Anyways if I were to get a cruiser it would be ok and because I didnt its not. I tried to explain that if I dont fool around then I have nothing to worry about, and hes like freak accidents happen. and I was like well whats the difference if im on a cruiser or a sport bike if its a freak accident. nobody seems to comprehend this.. anyways the point I am trying to make is people stereotype sportbikes soo much its not even funny. I personally enjoy just cruising around and hitting up some mountain twists every now and then. and soon enough going to the track. also just venting here!!!

and with the not waving thing I have noticed that if I dont wave first they dont wave back. whereas sport bikes are kind of mutual its kind of the same time. dont know if thats just coincidince or something else

RIDE ON!!

Old 07-14-2005, 04:06 PM

I hear ya Moss. I just figured they were too scared to take one hand off the handle bar
Or maybe they are just too kewl.

Old 07-16-2005, 05:46 PM

I am from Sioux Falls , South Dakota which is near Sturgis. There is a huge war here between Cruisers and sportbikes. Everytime a cruiser either sees us or rides by they have to rev there motor or punch it. The only thing i see and hear is a lazy fat bastard barely reaching speeds at an annoyingly loud pace!!!! I am frustrated because its getting really bad. You cant even go to bike shows without worrying that your bike will be shoved over. [:@][:@][:@] Its true that there is alot of bikers that have new bikes with all new gear and you see them in your local bank or even a church as a minister. These people are real winners and deserve the respect that they are trying to get. "NOT!". The nice thing is when they role up next to you and think they want to drag race or something. I shift into 3rd gear just to prove that i am untouchable than i blow the grunt right out of there hog!!!!!! People that have chosen to ride sportbikes have chosen to accept technology and have accepted that it doesnt take displacement and the amount of cyclinders you have to deliver a royal @ss whooping!!! Right on!!!! Thanks Nick from South Dakota

Old 07-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya guys ... seems like just being on two wheels would be enough. We all get targeted by cagers as it is. Where's da love?

Old 07-17-2005, 05:59 AM

We don't have that problem here in Dubai. You hardly see many bikes on the road on a given day but when you do encounter other people either on sportbikes, or cruisers everyone seems to acknowledge the other person, so its all good.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:28 PM

Right on brother!!!! Great post!

Mossman

ORIGINAL: nickrach2001

I am from Sioux Falls , South Dakota which is near Sturgis. There is a huge war here between Cruisers and sportbikes. Everytime a cruiser either sees us or rides by they have to rev there motor or punch it. The only thing i see and hear is a lazy fat bastard barely reaching speeds at an annoyingly loud pace!!!! I am frustrated because its getting really bad. You cant even go to bike shows without worrying that your bike will be shoved over. [:@][:@][:@] Its true that there is alot of bikers that have new bikes with all new gear and you see them in your local bank or even a church as a minister. These people are real winners and deserve the respect that they are trying to get. "NOT!". The nice thing is when they role up next to you and think they want to drag race or something. I shift into 3rd gear just to prove that i am untouchable than i blow the grunt right out of there hog!!!!!! People that have chosen to ride sportbikes have chosen to accept technology and have accepted that it doesnt take displacement and the amount of cyclinders you have to deliver a royal @ss whooping!!! Right on!!!! Thanks Nick from South Dakota

Old 07-17-2005, 05:30 PM

I hear ya, for the most part a lot of cruisers do wave back. I wave regardless cause I dont want to be "that jerk"....what I love are the guys that dont even have harleys and poke that attitude on their rebels and viragos!!! Its hilarious!

MOssman

Old 07-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: mossman

Rant mode on....

Ok, I dont know about you guys but I'm really tired of these cruiser mother #$%^&*^. I dont know about you guys but I like to break down the walls of cruiser vs sportbike. Personally I think its just dumb. I feel we are united 2 wheel drivers! I tell you though, these cruiser folks dont make that any easier.

I hate to stereo type and lump them all together cause lets face it. Are there jerks on sport bikes ...yes, are there jerks on cruisers ...yes. However, I have recently come into a rash of stuck up, snobby, not gonna wave back, "I'm a cruiser rider" a-holes lately.

Here is what I find ironic.....its one thing if you have that crappy attitude, and you have a custom harley or something. With half these snobs though.....I want to scream at them "hey pal yours says honda just like mine!

Furthurmore........what I like about these Harley riders is that they are now all Christmas Cowboys....they get a bran new bike and leathers for xmas and all of a sudden they are Mr easy rider! Weekend commandos! All of em up here in seattle are software geeks from microsoft that get paid way to much money!!!!! Oh and they are stuck up.
Yup. Most of the crusier riders that don't wave are the CPAs, dentists, etc. at least from my experience. I get more respect from the hard-care Harley, cruiser riders. They'll at least nod their heads. Whatever. I usually initiate the wave and if they don't wave back, I flip the wrist around and extend my middle finger. Makes me feel a lot better! LOL

BTP, don't let it bring you down. You can sleep at night! If they don't wave, oh well. Let it go.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM

I think I am going to start waving at cars..... Break the barrier there..LOL.

A lot of the guys at work ride cruisers (one even has a $50K chopper) they invite everyone to ride but me because i am on the sportbike.. they all talk to me at work but only cruise with eachother..bastards. Saw them all at Deals GAP.. Toasted them all..

That's it I am waving to trucks too.........LOLx2.

Quick Reply: Tired of these Cruiser mother #$%^&*@