F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tire Tread Markers????

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Tread Markers????

Is seen these Paint markers on Ebay that you would use to paint the treads of the tires. They say they are good for up to 5000 miles or well a season. Has anyone tired these? I have a very custom and elaborate paint job My main colors are 2004 Ford Mustang Dark Silver Gunmetal, A custom mixed green, White pin stripes, lots of carbon fiber and aluminum, Green Neon Lights, and my front wheel is Powder Coated to match the wheels on a 2005 1000RR. Now I was condiering using maybe orange, white, or green. Has anyone used these pens if so do they last and does the white get dirty really fast?

Kevin

Old 07-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Default RE: Tire Tread Markers????

The white markers actually improve performance by reflecting heat off the tire carcass... It's good for at least a pony...

j/k

Personally, I prefer a black Sharpie.......

Old 07-19-2005, 03:50 PM

Just get a paint pen from WalMart. Same thing.

I've tried it. Its a pain in the ***. You'll have to keep retouching it every week or so because it gets dirty. Personally, I have better things to do with my time.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 PM

Sorry if I sounded like an A$$... I actually just saw those on eBay myself and almost fell out of my chair laughing. Oh, uh, sorry. I'm just not into the bling unless it actually adds performance to my bike. To each his own--if everyone were like me this world would be a pretty boring place I guess...

Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 PM

Yeah well i got some of the performace parts as well, probably more then most typical riders but my bike is far from stock and gets alot of attention because of the custom colors so its it can add to it why not. Now all said and done if you were really a speed and performace junky what the hell are you doing riding a f4i?

Old 07-19-2005, 07:33 PM

I wouldn't go so far to call myself a "speed junkie." By performance I mean grip, cornering, suspension, torque, acceleration--hp would probably be last on my list. That being said, I just bought an '01 F4i to use as a trackbike. I don't want to cross the limits of my Aprilia Falco on the track, although the litre twin (thus my name) is a blast on the track or in the mountains. Parts are plentiful for the F4i and pretty cheap, plus I like playing with the powercommander and fuel injected engines. I'm looking forward to playing with it some.

I think I'll detune my Falco a bit now and put a 15T sprocket on the front for commuting...

Old 07-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it's worth, I put zero, zip, nothing, nada, zilch on my motorcycle tires. They get washed with soap and water like the rest of the bike but that's it. Not saying the paint thingy is bad or anything -- I just know that the only thing between me and the ditch is my tires so I keep 'em nekkid.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 PM

Good Point Chainstretcher I didn't look at it like that. Yeah I think ill scratch the idea then. Like I was saying mines a show bike so when I see little things that are eye catching I'll check it out. I think the next investment might be new wheels but I cant see paying some of the prices... Plus the idea of selling the bike next season has crossed my mind.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man your bike is already tight -- I'm not a huge fan of green but the way yours is painted up I love it. Reminds me of the old Bullet Mustang green. Have you posted any pics with the neons shining at night?

Old 07-20-2005, 12:18 AM

Ill have to take some pics of it at night

Quick Reply: Tire Tread Markers????