F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Throtttle locker ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throtttle locker ?????

I have an 02 f4i, and my throttle hand gets tired on long rides. The rodes that we ride, have very long stretches with no stops. Ive heard of throttle lockers, but have never seen them and i dont know how they work. What is a good brand? Are they practical? Any pictures of them installed would be great. Also, are they hard to install?

Old 03-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Default RE: Throtttle locker ?????

they just dont sound safe to me. justdo some forearm workouts! haha

Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are the rodes you ride in rhode island? haha j/k ...

throttle Rocker and similar products are not what most people think of like a cruise control in that they don't accel/decel so you really can't use them 95% of the time. I use a throttlemeister which is a step up but still not a true cruise control. overall, you won't be using it most of your ride with traffic, curves and even most hwy situations, etc.. but for me, even the few seconds break on my wrist every so often is well worth it.

The TR and similar installation procedures are a no brainer. The TM takes a little more time and knowledge but still very easy to do.

p.s. safety is really not an issue with the TM as long as you still keep your hand the throttle (still giving the wrist a break by not having to apply pressure) because you still can control the throttle w/out any locking or unlocking to decelerate like you would normally.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned

Throttle rockers suck. They can get caught in your sleeve and cause unwanted problems. Get a throttle lock and find some stunters to show you how to mod it for the F4i.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:21 AM

I bought and installed a throttle lock(don't know the brand) from Cycle Gear. Its like installing a piece of heaven, like Breeze said, that few seconds of relief of not having to hold on the throttle is great. I can still accel/decel with it engaged, so safety isn't and issue. Easy to install, had to grind down a little section of the throttle lock to get it between the throttle cables, but was easy.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 PM

yeah theres a reason these aren't designed for sportbikes......they aren't safe!