F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Throttle on a LONG ride...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle on a LONG ride...

Hi guys,

Had a 600 mi trip over the weekend and doing a 1k mi next

I'm really having issues with having to hold the throttle all the time though. Especially when the F4i grips are so angular that it puts pressure on the outer side of the wrist (

A throttlemeister is too expensive... I was thinking of a throttle rocker instead.
But then I was wondering if I just put a piece of rubber tubing over the bar end and part of the grip, that should hold the grip in one position (the tube would be such that a manual release of the throttle would require minimal effort). I mean the tube will have friction across the bar end and the grip, so it'll keep the grip in the position you set it...

What do you guys think? Is it freakishly dangerous to do this? Any other ideas?
Convertibars are too expensive too (

Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Throttle on a LONG ride...

to me, any kind of "cruise control" sounds like disaster! but i feel you're throttle pain brotha! long trips SUCK!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:05 PM

www.throttlerocker.com is a good alternative. I'll never own a bike without one.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet! nice alternative to a LOCKing throttle.

thanks X

Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

www.throttlerocker.com is a good alternative. I'll never own a bike without one.
You still have to hold it down right? Does it help relieve the pressure on the outer edge of the wrists?

Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

I think ANY kinda cruise control on a bike is dangerous, but I understand your problem.
I really don't have an issue with my wrists on long rides so much as my *** is burning from the ****ty seat.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:46 AM

wrist curls...they are free and aren't dangerous...and actually attract chicks with the increased vascularity on your forearms...but if they don't attract any chicks, they can provide 'comparable' benefits as well ;-)

Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, Sometimes on longer trips I noticed if I hold the bar closer to the bar ends, the vibration isn't too bad, and my wrist doesn't end up hurting as much either. This is coming from a 620 miles ride from NY to VA, and like numerous rides from NY to MD (360 miles).

Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

wrist curls...they are free and aren't dangerous...and actually attract chicks with the increased vascularity on your forearms...but if they don't attract any chicks, they can provide 'comparable' benefits as well ;-)
*****!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried changing the angle of the clip-ons on the forks? Also, for long trips I use Grip puppies, less than 10.00 shipped for a set. I have a throttle rocker but seldom use it, even on long hauls. I took my F4i on a 1600 mile trip over 35 hours and never used it. I did ccasionally use my throttle meister. If you don't want to spend the money for the throttle meister, I think you'd still benefit from finding some heaver bar end weights (I noticed the throttle meister made a noticable difference on cutting down the vibration).

Quick Reply: Throttle on a LONG ride...