F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Throttle Body Sync'in

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Sync'in

I've been doing some way overdue maintenance, such as spark plugs and what not. And sometime this week I'm going to throw on my SS lines. I've just kind of been reading on here and cbrworld, and came accross TB Syncing... I'm kind of in a maintenance mood and while the weather isn't fully warm (in Maryland), I was thinking about doing all the maintenance I can. I was just wondering how many people out there actually sync their throttle bodies though? lol

I'm a bit bored, so if there's any other maintenance things that aren't as major that anyone can think of let me know, would love to keep my hands full until riding season comes out in full bloom.

btw I just broke 26,000 miles.. and I busted my pinky open getting one of my spark plugs out =[ I think my nail is gonna fall off lol... boo

Old 02-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Default RE: Throttle Body Sync'in

at 26,000 I am sure you need it. My F4i has 25,963 and it needs it. I am read the posts and it seems pretty easy but lucky for me I have a friend coming home from Florida who went to MMI and has all the tools. It is posted up in the How-To, but it seems you have read it from your post. I would say the hardest part seems to be to just by the tools.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at 26K...you'll need to check your valves if you haven't done it already at 16K...

Old 02-20-2008, 11:48 AM

*****, come on Tahoe, you know me... I haven't even put a new air fitler in yet... I'm actually surprised my bike ran as good as it did without being maintained lol. But yeah going to get to all of it before spring comes around. And I already know how to do the TB sync, I was just curious how many people actually do it, or know it's being done to their bike because I haven't really heard it talked about as much on here.. but then I guess all the good starter bike threads and tire option, and steering damper threads would overshadow a miniscule operation of the TB sync lol.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM

Only thing I need to do is get my hands on the Morgan Carbtune, or get that MotionPro tool.. Wee $100 bucks lol.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM

lol, yeah well to be honest alot of people get bikes and don't know anything about them or maintaining them and as long as they run, they just keep wanting to mod them, and when the bike starts to really need TLC they sell it.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:48 PM

When do know its time to check the TB's or sync them? What are the symptoms? How many miles do you have before you check them. Im at 13,000 and was wondering if I should do it this winter or next. Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

morgan carbtune is schweet! that's what i have and use!

it gets out of sych fairly easily...but should be synched everything you do something like change the air filter or plugs...and definitely valve adjustments.

it makes the bike idle smoother. as for the go...i couldn't tell the difference.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:24 PM

Throttle bodys that are pretty out of sync will rob you of power and you will notice it when you go up against the same bike but with well synced throttle bodies. Also yes, it will make you idle smoother if you TB are out.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:05 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself in the pants, wishing that I had the tool to do it when I had my bike ripped apart to do my spark plugs. My damn pinky is so black and blue, my nail looks horrid... agh makes my stomach turn over lol.. =[!

But for those wondering about what and how a throttle body sync is, check these out:

Throttle Body Sync on 929/954 (Ignore part 929 only related)

Throttle Body Sync on 600RR by abadfish

TB Sync on F4i by SchiraF4i

Hopefully this helps other people that are looking to do some maintenance before the season kicks off.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Sync'in