F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

For Those With Passengers...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:17 AM
|
Default For Those With Passengers...

Hey everyone. It has been awhile since I have been on here. I used to own a 2000 F4 and I sold it about 4 years ago and have not ridden since. I am now in the market for another bike and I don't see myself straying from a CBR. However, my wife never rode with me when I had my F4, she did say though she would ride with me if I got another bike. I looked at the Harley Sportsters and that is just not for me, Harley is a great name and I have nothing against the bikes but the cruiser is not my style right now.

My question is pertaining to the seat, I imagine the banana seat is more comfy than the the split for a passenger but I could be wrong. Do those of you who haul passengers said anything about your seat whether it be nana or split/comfortable or uncomfortable?? I love the look of the split and if there was a way to put a cowl over the banana I would because I don't really dig the look of the banana seat.

I am looking for an F4i FWIW, thanks for any help.

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:27 AM

my wife rides on my f4i and says its decent but the longest she has rode is about and hour (we've rode all day around town but with stops). she did say we would prob have to stop about every 45min if we went anywhere far. she said it was most comfy when we hit the hwy and i laid down and she laid on my back. on my buddies gsxr though she said it was to high therefore uncomfy. so whatever bike you get, if its a split, look at the hieght diff from fron to back seat.

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:30 AM

My gf road on the back of my bike for the first time yesterday and we rode for about 2 hours non stop minus a gas fill up. I have a split seat and i kept asking her if she was comfortable and said she had no problem. However we are 23 and 22 years old so it might be alittle uncomfortable for someone who might be older depending on how flexible they are.

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by drew0387
However we are 23 and 22 years old so it might be alittle uncomfortable for someone who might be older depending on how flexible they are.
ohh yeah......we are 29 and 32 and not very flexible lol

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:23 AM
|

We are both 30. I am 5'10" 165 lbs and she is 5'8" 135lbs. She is very flexible, if you get my drift. My main concern was keeping her bottom somewhat comfortable, my other concern was her legs. She has long legs and not sure if she will feel like her knees will be in her chest. I am going to take her with me to sit on a few and we'll go from there, but wanted to get everyones experience first. Thanks to all who replied and anymore input is welcomed.

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:35 AM

ohh yeah, now that you said you're 5'10", im 6' and i dont sit all the way to the back of my seat which leaves a small gap between me and her so once we get moving ill scoot back a bit and it can get a little irritating trying to hold BOTH of us up on my arms going slow(not ducking the wind) so at 5'10" you'll prob be more uncomfortable than her(on an f4i).

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:47 AM
July 2008 ROTM

The banana seat has pros and cons. The seat itself is softer and more comfortable to actually sit on. However because there's no real separation between your seat and the passenger, they tend to slide down and be closer to you.

I girl used to ride on my bike often before she got her own, and I've had a handful of passengers over the years. The seat is softer than some other passenger seats, but not as good as others (GSX-Rs have real nice passenger seats). I'd say you can't really go wrong with any F4i seat style.

And there's always the option of a Corbin seat, which will help a ton.

Old 04-05-2010 | 10:50 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by flybub
We are both 30. I am 5'10" 165 lbs and she is 5'8" 135lbs. She is very flexible, if you get my drift. My main concern was keeping her bottom somewhat comfortable, my other concern was her legs. She has long legs and not sure if she will feel like her knees will be in her chest. I am going to take her with me to sit on a few and we'll go from there, but wanted to get everyones experience first. Thanks to all who replied and anymore input is welcomed.

lol dirty dog...

Old 04-05-2010 | 12:15 PM
July 2010 ROTM

my wife wont ride with me on a split seat, she says she feels way too high up in the air and it scares her. thats why we got the single seat. we are only 21 and 20. but she does slide forward, shes not heavy so it really isnt an issue and i would rather feel like shes closer to me and holding on.

there are also cowls for the single seat. but if u dont like the way it looks DONT get it. if u do i youll prolly want to change it. you might as well get what you like first. both of them have pros and cons. from sitting on split seat and single seat f4i's, the single is more comfortable-to me, i think everyone has their own opinion on this im 5 10 if that helps any

Old 04-05-2010 | 12:55 PM
|

I thought I found what I was looking for at Corbin's website. It is a single seat with the trunk where the rear seat is, Smuggler I guess is what they call it. It is perfect for what I'm looking for until I saw the price of the Smuggler. Holy Smokes $799 for a little itty bitty trunk made by butt pucker up. They must be the only ones that make them to sell for that price but it is a SWEET idea and design.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Quick Reply: For Those With Passengers...