F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thinking of Financing a Brand New F4i

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Financing a Brand New F4i

I just got my motorcycle license like 3 weeks ago. I'm 20 years old and I know what you're thinking but trust me I won't do that because I get nervous on a bicycles sometimes.

Anyways I just want something to ride around for fun but also look nice. Is there any other sport bikes in the same class as the F4i? I'm talking leaned over seat position, and actual sport bike, not "sport" cruiser like gs500f or sv650s.

I debated getting an GSX-R600 because I like how they are slim but I think that GSX-R's and R6's are another class up which I don't want to mess with.

So how much should I pay for a 2006 F4i? Does credit card payment same as cash?(need to know to negotiate price).

The guy told me MSRP is $8500 + about $1500 worth of fees but he said the price is negotiable. I'm looking at $8000 out the door with frame sliders. You think they will go for this offer?

Old 03-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Default RE: Thinking of Financing a Brand New F4i

I am thinking if you can get 9000 OTD you are doing good. 8000 out the door is way low.

I had mine on my Honda Card at $99.00 a month. Honda doesn't require insurance (but your state might) on a bike under 10k, but I recommend insurance no matter what. Be prepared for your insurance payment to be higher than your bike payment.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:27 AM

Well $8500 OTD max because in my city there are two motorcycle places. The one I wanna go to has $8500 sticker price but their competitor has $8500 OTD so I'm pretty sure they will match it or else I'll just go to the other place. Also my salesman said since it's an '06 the price is a little flexible

For insurance I'm going with liability and if anything happens I'll just back my car into my bike and say it was an accident because my car has full coverage lol jk. If anything I'll get full coverage later on.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 AM
stx

Jimd, how much did that rear seat set you back? is there storage under there?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Is this your first bike? I would reconsider a brand new bike if it is, becuase you are most likely going to drop it. maybe only out in the drive-way, or maybe out on the road. sucks to have a brand new mint bike, then have to spend another $1000 to fix plastic instead of a $1000 on mods

Old 03-24-2007, 11:21 AM

we paid 7600 for my 06 f4i - and heard of them advertised for as little as 6999 - so do a little more shopping around before you buy from this place!

Old 03-24-2007, 12:13 PM

If you're new, I would recommend starting on a 250cc bike. It may not be what you're looking for as far as looks go, but it's something to learn on. The ninja has an excellent reselling price. However, if you choose to ignore that, then start out on an older model. Do you research thoroughly before you decide to purchase your first bike. +1 to the shopping around. Also, shop around for insurance prices on full coverage. Lastly, search around this forum; it has a lot of info new riders could use.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:52 PM

You can find alot of used bikes that are 1 or 2 years old. I know people who have gone out and bought a brand new 600 and didn't have a clue what they were buying, and they end up selling it with very little miles on it. Shop around, you can find one of the deals if you're patient. Let someone else take the hit on the depreciation. Invest in some good gear too. That's the most important part IMO. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: krash
Is this your first bike? I would reconsider a brand new bike if it is, becuase you are most likely going to drop it. maybe only out in the drive-way, or maybe out on the road. sucks to have a brand new mint bike, then have to spend another $1000 to fix plastic instead of a $1000 on mods
oh man you beat me to it. nice.

motonewbie, check it. do youself a favor and dont get a new bike. i cant say for sure but it sounds to me that this will be your first bike. dont ever get a new bike as your first bike. you will drop it no matter what, unless you are extremely lucky. eventhough its a huge hassle try to buy a use bike. learn, ride, trick a bit; then move on to something better

8k for a brand new f4i sounds right to me. i would not go to 8.5k. listen, i dont know what the rate is on the honda card but this 8 thousand dollar bike will $12,200 (going by 15% offered by Honda Chase) in the first 3 years. so with your hundred dollar payment you will still owe 8000+ bucks after the 3rd year. do your own math and see what suits you the best.

as for other bikes on the market, i think gxsr is a cool bike and im sure you will be happy with that purchase as well. i dont like the r6, they look hot but they are incredibly stiff in the ride and position. i feel very uncomfortable on r6.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:37 PM

heres my 2 cents..I bought an f4i brand new in 2004, I wouldnt buy another bike brand new again because you can find a bike thats used with very little miles and mint condition for thousands less...Also since its a honda u shouldnt have to worry about engine failure or anything drastic on a low mile bike...Yeah its exciting picking it up at the dealer brand new but ya know what, 3 rides later and its used anyway

Quick Reply: Thinking of Financing a Brand New F4i