F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are these any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these any good?

I picked up an f4i, and I really hate the huge turn signals. I like having the front ones becuase they have running lights, but I have concluded that even with huge running lights, stupid drivers still can't see me and it's up to me to stay alive.

Anyone use these for the front? You like them?

Pic of the turn signals on the website

aaaannddd my old hurricane

new f4i

Name:  cbr600f4i3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  34.9 KB

I plan to build an undertail for it, I am tired of the huge shroud thing. Anyone have links to cheap turn signals for the rear that might look good with a fender eliminator setup? None of that fake sticker carbon fiber crap, Just simple clean signals.

Thanks, cheers!

Last edited by GDM YO; 11-08-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All flushmounts work relatively the seem. Some have more LED's, some have less. Others have different shades and colors. All depends on what you like. I can't remember what I have, but they cost me 35 dollars, and were a GREAT investment. Sometimes friends of mine, at night, can even see a little orange flicker. But it's not for the front, it's for the side.

Little side note, you only need a turn signal to move into a 'turn only' lane. Once you're in it, you no longer have to have the signal on. It's purely a convenience.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM

I like having turn signals as it keeps the cops off of me. Thanks for the reply, other opinions on a rear setup?

Old 11-08-2009, 07:52 PM

I have the hotbodies smoked flushmount LEDs coming. From the pictures it looks good, I'll get some pics up when I get them put on!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by m3ds
I have the hotbodies smoked flushmount LEDs coming. From the pictures it looks good, I'll get some pics up when I get them put on!
Those are way too expensive for me, lol.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, there are somethings I will not skimp on. Safety being one. The cops won't harass you about your turn signals, they'll harass you cause you're on a bike. Way of life. I have no changed my rears yet, but I hope to being going with a black undertail (not colormatched cause when the rocks hit it, you just send a spray it) and the turn signals are not integrated. There are two little bars of lights that are incredibly bright. Go with what you can afford, and I'm sure regardless of what people say, as long as you like what you bought, you will be happy.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:24 PM

my hotbodie front flush mounts were maybe $30 if that.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by GDM YO
I picked up an f4i, and I really hate the huge turn signals. I like having the front ones becuase they have running lights, but I have concluded that even with huge running lights, stupid drivers still can't see me and it's up to me to stay alive.

Anyone use these for the front? You like them?

Pic of the turn signals on the website

aaaannddd my old hurricane

new f4i

I plan to build an undertail for it, I am tired of the huge shroud thing. Anyone have links to cheap turn signals for the rear that might look good with a fender eliminator setup? None of that fake sticker carbon fiber crap, Just simple clean signals.

Thanks, cheers!
I have these on my F4i. They work okay. I have LED turn signal repeaters mounted down on the fork in place of the stock rectangular reflectors. Having said all this, I'm not crazy about this setup. I did it because the stock signals got wiped out in a track get off and I had these sitting around.

Now we get into looks versus survival. Undertails come from the track and despite their cool look, they substantially reduce conspicuity from the rear. I think this measurably raises the risk of being rear-ended. I damn near rear ended a Yamaha with an undertail last year because he had one little dim *** light on the back. Almost invisible beyond 50 feet. But wow, was it cool.

As for the front, stand dead ahead of the thing and turn the flush signals on. You won't see them very well. Then you can decide how much risk the compromise is worth. I have no illusions about any of this. The number one reason motorcyclists get whacked is because cars don't see them.

Anything you do to reduce that makes you more vulnerable. If you build an undertail, get as much bright light on it as you can.

--Paul

Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories

there are my two cents....

i had the ones you show pics of and i was quite unhappy and with the ones i posted its a direct replacement

Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM

I've got a set of the proton front flush led turn signals. I like them and they seem really bright.

As far as the undertail comments. I agree totally on visibility. They suck plain and simple. they cheap "LED" replacement 1157 bulbs that you can get at an autoparts store are worth less than the cardboard box they are packaged in. I'm still looking for a good, bright LED to replace my rear tail light bulbs. Price is not an option. I saw some bulbs that were $30 a piece but my computer crashed an no longer have the website saved. I am trying to find it again.

Did some poking around and these are the bulbs I am considering for the brakes on my undertail if anyone is intersted. Not meaning to hijack the thread.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&creative=9325

They were actually almost half the price at amazon that at the eautoworks website that is selling them on amazon.

Last edited by LoneWolf04; 11-09-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Are these any good?