F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Teaser pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teaser pics!

Okay, I know the pics are ****ty, not my cameras fault as I was in a bit of a rush. Sorry for the blur, but you get the picture.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Teaser pics!

NICE reminds me of my F4i when it looked exactly like that.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Haha thanks rojer, I love your bike as well thats a sick paint job. I'm gonna try and get my hands on a vortex triple clamp as well as a fender eliminator. I mean you can't spend 6g's and not get one lol.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:57 PM

i love that color, what color are you going with for your plastic? how much did it cost to get your wheels painted? i was looking into getting mine painted something other than the stock black.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:25 PM

like a mirrior! =p

i almost went green with mine b4 it went blue my painter did his bike red like yours it looked sick so i cant wait to see yours

Old 04-24-2008, 11:25 PM

on the side note, takes some black paint and PAINT YOUR SPRING NOW rofl.. we both have the yellow spring thing going on and it's just not coo haha

Old 04-24-2008, 11:40 PM

mmmm, candy red, i love that color!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: SReeD08

i love that color, what color are you going with for your plastic? how much did it cost to get your wheels painted? i was looking into getting mine painted something other than the stock black.
Well my bike was silver with red wings. But the first guy who owned it dumped it doing like 20km/h on a side street and scared himself. Scratched the one side and the other. And then I got the bike off the second owner who barely rode it. I bought it last may for 5000 with 1243km on it, not even broke in. So I decided given the shapeI would make it something drool worthy. The plastic and tank was repainted #60 white, I also made sure I got the airducts painted as well since they look so sweet when they match the paint of everything else.

BTW, the wheels, frame, subframe, forktubes, rear sets etc etc etc were powder coated candy red. When I seen the bike back together as seen in the pics I had a huge smile. Pics don't do justice to the candy finish. Like rojer said, its like a mirror. But there is a lot of work to get all that powder coated. Every bearing in the frame and or swingarm has to be pressed out and replaced. Its quite a process. I was planning on stripping it myself this winter, but I had a hard time trying to find time to do it, so I booked it in with this great mechanic, and he is really efficient. Next week he is gonna get it on the dyno and build up a good map for it. Next winter I plan on getting the heads ported, polished, and a 5 angle valve job. Maybe some high compression wiseco's that keep the stock displacement since I don't want the big bore.

But yeah, next week it will be all buttoned up, and hopefully the bloody snow is melted and the roads are decent so I can go take some pro pictures of it.

Oh yeah rojer, maybe next winter I can deal with the spring when the motor is out! Till then, yellow spring club for life.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 AM

Oh yeah SReeD08, the paint job cost 1500 and its a really nice white, its going to look so sick with the red powdercoating, and the powder coating cost me 500 since I had a hook up on it with a really good coater which is nice, but they made me a lifetime customer by doin that lol.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:06 AM

not a bad price on the powder, i think i payed around 700 for the same amount of stuff. Get used to your bike being down tho the whole prosess took me 6 months lol but man it was so worth it GL keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Teaser pics!