F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Teach me hw to pop the front up

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 04:11 PM
Default RE: Teach me hw to pop the front up

Dont just dump the clutch in first. For first gear wheelies i chop the throttle meaning accelerate normal till about 5k and the hit the throttle off and back on real fast. Just imagine slamming your wrist forward then back real fast to about 1/2 throttle it shoud come up just nicely

Old 04-07-2006 | 08:06 PM

The Batwing Date
Dump the Clutch in First gear at about 7k RPMS... you cant go wrong

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE

One it isnt very specific other then dumping the clutch at 7 Grand
Two your going to flip your bike right out from under you

You need to get rolling down the street in first and get up to about 6-7 grand and rapidly throttle down and back up in 1 quick motion.
Be ready for it because its going to come up pretty fast depending on how hard you crack it back open.

Old 04-08-2006 | 12:29 AM

If you wanna learn how to whellie try the website uponeone.com, click on how to's. There are 2 articles and 1 video. Also never dump your clutch! Dip it not dump it. My stock 04 F4I will wheelie in 1st and 1nd without the clutch. IIn 1st gear go about 15-20mph close the throttle and open real quick, also known as a throttle bop. This manuver works but is more dangerous running the risk of flying off backwards or landing hard and tankslapping. Also this method tears your tranny up after awhile, at about 7k you will replace your tranny. In second gear run about 6-8k and do the same thing, I wouldnt reccomend it for a beginner because you dont want to fall off or have something go wrong at that speed, practice in 1st. The best way to whellie is dipping the clutch, it puts less strain on your bike, a wheelie donr right doesnt hurt your bike, well maybe a tad. I would rather replace a clutch than a tranny, thats just my 2cents. Think of it this way, you every rev your engine in 1st at a light and take off real quick and the front tire comes off the ground? Same principal. Get going about 6-7 rpms in 1st gear, roll off the throttle and while you dip the clutch in 1/3 of the way causing it to slip, rev the rpms to 9-10 and let off the clutch smoothly. If it doesnt work the 1st time try more throttle and get off the clutch faster. Please remember to cover your back break and clutch incase something goes wrong. You may get scared the 1st few times but try not to kick the rear break to avoid the tank slapper. Have fun and stay safe- keep the rubber side down!!

Old 04-08-2006 | 12:31 AM

remind me to spell check next time..lmao..sorry

Old 05-18-2006 | 04:07 AM

Wow this was all good advise I will try this out and see if it works and let you know if I was succesful or if my bike is in the shop lol.

Old 05-18-2006 | 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

LINK
Best advice right there.

Old 05-18-2006 | 07:12 PM

BUY AN XR50

Old 05-18-2006 | 10:19 PM

What is dipping, and what is tankslapping

Old 05-19-2006 | 02:47 AM

Tank slapping is when the front wheel comes down in a position other than straight forward or atleast close to straight. The wheel will violently turn the bars from side to side, lots of times resulting in you completely losing control and dumping the bike or running into something.

Dumping the clutch means you pull the clutch all the way in, rev the engine up and quickly let go of the clutch lever with more of a spring loaded affect. Alot like popping the clutch in a car.
Dipping means just to pull it in far enough to disengage the clutch and at the same time reving the engine and letting it out quickly but not with a snap to it.

Old 05-19-2006 | 02:42 PM

Ya good advice i was blipping the throttle a few times not aware that it could hurt your trans!

Thanks

Quick Reply: Teach me hw to pop the front up