F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

targa cowl

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default targa cowl

I hate 1 tail, they can kiss my ***, ordered a targa from them for my 06 and keep giving be bs answers when its gonna come in. ima get a refund and buy somewhere else. does anyone know a good company that has somewhat decent shipping time for this. i want my targa bad before summer is offically here. again 1 tail sux and im never gonna use them again

Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Default RE: targa cowl

I've heard people have problems getting the Targa cowls. If they company has the item on backorder with Targa, then I doubt you will find anybody that can get it quicker.

I'm running into the same problem with a piece for my helmet. One of the side covers broke on my Arai helmet, and since its a limited edition helmet, getting the paint matched replacement is a pain. Its been on back order since the end of Jan, with no delivery date in the near future. I tried going to different retailers and getting the part, but since it isn't a stocked item, they would have to order it from the factory also.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 PM

damn that sux, ya its not so much they dont have it. they said since were having toruble color matching they could send me a un painted one. there dicking me around with the painting

Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 PM

Hey bro, I also was waiting for a cowl from 1tail. I cancelled my order last week. Same story back ordered for paint issues. I called Targa myself to verify.1Tail did **** me off because their web site says 2 day shipping from order so I called them and they told me 2-3 weeks. Four weeks later I called back and they said 2-3 weeks Three weeks later I called back and he told me 2-3 weeks I said I'll just take a refund. Money back in the bank 2 days later. Spent on a new leather jacket.
http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/TARGA_SOLO...INY_YELLOW.htm
http://www.targa-acc.com/main_powersearch.html Here is their contact page.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:31 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...774&rd=1,1

I am selling this one check it out!!

Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 AM

ya ima cancel my order now and do something else, so pissed that happened 1tail offically blows *** and i will never shop there again

Old 04-03-2007, 02:31 AM

also curious has anyone ordered directly from targa if so how long they take cuz they seem pretty decent and hopefully they wont bs. wanna know that and if any other place is good cuz i want this cowl. o and gittinitup sorry want somethign to match all one color, i like urs just dont liek the skull and bones but thanks for offering

Old 04-03-2007, 04:45 AM

If you are waiting for a blue one, be prepared to keep on waiting. I got my cowl direct from Targa in May of 06. In August I noticed some paint issues and sent it back. They are replacing it, but I have been waiting since August for the replacement, with a new promise date every other week. They are having trouble with the paint. They are not painted in house. They use an outside source and have been waiting for a long time for a good formula.

Problem is, the bikes are painted in Japan where they use a die based paint. Targa is in California, with strict regulations on paint and they can not get a good match with current paint companies in the US. Not sure where or when the problem started though. My original cowl was a perfect match.

Not really 1tails fault, though they should definately update their web site.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:36 PM

i hate that no one can get this strait. im about to order a non painted one and get it painted locally

Old 04-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Here is a paint match online. Order here get it painted at a locol shop.http://www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactory...imageField.y=5 color rite if link dosen't work?

Quick Reply: targa cowl