F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

in tail exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mid pipe and swing arm looks very nice. Just not the silver doo doo at the end

Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 AM
October 2011 ROTM

By no flow I mean you have all these lines like the subframe and rear cowl going upwards from bottom right to upper left then all of the sudden there is this huge pipe sticking out of it interrupting the flow of the back of the bike. Now if your finished product looks like the bike in the pic then yes that will have a lot of flow to it and look really good. If it turns out as good as that I think we will have a new ROTY contestant on our hands.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 AM

sorry i didn't understand....but yeah that long tip wont be like that...i left it long so i would have enough to work with, instead of making it too short and not going threw the under tail like the pic...amazing how i put that i am going to cut the tip down and everyone tells me how ugly it looks the way it is...it's still a work in progress..my pockets ain't deep and the time i have to work on it isn't that long...i am hoping to have everything done by summer...still have to save up for ceramic coating, mold in the rr tail light, make an undertail, cut the tip, and figure out if i am going to make a cowl or buy a new race tail...then it's time to paint...this is a big project for me but i think the hard part is over..other than the under tail...

Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM

i must admit i wasn't a fan to start with...but once i saw the pic of the sort of look you're going for on the finished product...i like it!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 PM

thank you...but my low side wreck put me close to two months behind on this project..oh well it will get done, before summer i hope...

Old 04-12-2011, 02:31 PM

got a used and lightly scratched stator and cover for a good price..thanks Jay_J... i buffed out all the scratches and hit the honda a little so i went a head and buffed that off to, then had it powder coated 20% gloss/ flat black..i think it turned out great..wile my bike was down i figured out my rear brake and got it to work. i used a 600rr rear master cylinder, brake hose, and caliper..
here are some pictures..

Attached Thumbnails in tail exhaust...-001.jpg   in tail exhaust...-002.jpg   in tail exhaust...-003.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM

progress update....
got the exhaust right where i wanted it.. had to cut out another 1 1/4 inches out of the can.. so it is now 11 3/4 inches.. i cut the tip down it's not perfect yet but it is closer than it was..lol..i have a new tail on order it is a abs plastic race tail (style) with the rear seat cowl made on it...when that cones in i will perfect the tail light..

the cardboard is just a template i will not leave it on there...i am going to use a sheet of aluminum so i can heat treat it..

Attached Thumbnails in tail exhaust...-001.jpg   in tail exhaust...-002.jpg   in tail exhaust...-003.jpg   in tail exhaust...-004.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your tag is about to expire...

Old 04-26-2011, 02:32 PM

Subscribing. Wanna see the finished product.

Tip visible looked awful hahah.

Will certainly be unique.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:47 PM

yea i have a new tag just haven't put it on yet..lol...

it will be about a month before i get my new tail..i am just hoping it will be close to the same color, if not i will be painting the bike next winter... so i have time to figure out the details on the tail light and undertail...beside the heat coating i am going to do on the exhaust that will cost $80-$100.. cleaning up the right side foot peg setup i am getting close..

Quick Reply: in tail exhaust...