F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

in tail exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, that muffler tip looks a bit off. i think it would have looked better if it was just cut off at an angle as opposed to being bent down.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM

I don't like the tip either and that bracket is quite hideous. The rest looks good though. Build an undertail around it and it will really clean it up

Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 PM

ok guys I DID NOT WONT OR ASK FOR THE TIP TO BE PUT ON... i told the guy i wanted the tip to be a regular pipe with like a 60 degree angle so that when it was up in the tail i could make an under tail and have it stick out just enough to clear it... the guy said looks good huh i said yeah but not real big on the tip. then he got kinda mad, i guess he was proud of the retard tip lol... i wanted to tell him it's a bike not a car... i think after i cut down the muffler and get it where i want it i am going to have the whole thing ceramic coated.. then the only part of it you will see is the very end that sticks down from the undertail.... but yeah at first i was pissed that he was welding on my new leo vince muffler but after he already did it there wasn't much i could do..
what can you guys say about moty battery's? how long do they last? i am thinking about getting one of those so i can redo my battery box way smaller and cleaner looking...
as far as tail light i have a smoked 600rr tail light i am going to put at the vary end of the tail fairing kinda like the rr... but first i need to get the race tail with the solo seat... anyone got one for sale?

Last edited by crazychris1981; 01-25-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

not to be offensive but if that guy cut off your old tip and put that one on there without your consent ide be asking for money for a new muffler

ebay is going to probably be your cheapest and best bet on your fairing and cowl... if your getting a race tail though you wont need a rear cowl

i suggest sharkskinz if your wanting a good quality fiberglass piece..

Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by crazychris1981
ok guys I DID NOT WONT OR ASK FOR THE TIP TO BE PUT ON... i told the guy i wanted the tip to be a regular pipe with like a 60 degree angle so that when it was up in the tail i could make an under tail and have it stick out just enough to clear it... the guy said looks good huh i said yeah but not real big on the tip. then he got kinda mad, i guess he was proud of the retard tip lol... i wanted to tell him it's a bike not a car... i think after i cut down the muffler and get it where i want it i am going to have the whole thing ceramic coated.. then the only part of it you will see is the very end that sticks down from the undertail.... but yeah at first i was pissed that he was welding on my new leo vince muffler but after he already did it there wasn't much i could do..
what can you guys say about moty battery's? how long do they last? i am thinking about getting one of those so i can redo my battery box way smaller and cleaner looking...
as far as tail light i have a smoked 600rr tail light i am going to put at the vary end of the tail fairing kinda like the rr... but first i need to get the race tail with the solo seat... anyone got one for sale?
So what's up with the bracket? lol

If you're going to have it come out of the bottom of the undertail maike sure whatever kind of material you use can take the heat. Z made a nice one out of aluminum sheet.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM

i am doing the same going to make like a heat box around the exhaust with heat protection..
the bracket? you mean the big aluminum one coming off the rear peg? that is gone now it was for my high mount two brothers.. i just sole it for $100...
i am not going to get a seat cowl they want way more than it's worth i can get a solo seat race tail for less than they want to the seat cowl...
i will deff. check into the sharkskinz tail i just don't want to spend half the price of new fairings...lol...
i did tel the guy i wanted a piece of pipe put on the tip to extend it and this tip didn't do that at all and made it look like crap...
i just took the exhaust off to see how bad it all is and the dumb azz put the bracket for the exhaust on the lower part of the two bro's mount f***ing retard.. now i have to cut that off and remount it....
why don't some people listen to you when you tell them what you want.... i am the one paying shouldn't i get what i want....

$211 for the sharkskinz thats not too bad..looks like you have to drill the hole? not a big deal just want to know more before i buy... i am guessing that is better than the ebay one for $120 from moto fairing?
air tech is $207...
hot bodies $155...
thats all the ones i could find has anyone used any of these personally?

Last edited by crazychris1981; 01-25-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 PM

i know where you can get a rear cowl for 40 bucks shipped in the US as for the tail i re-comment sharkskinz bc they by far have the best quality race fairings ive seen, fitment, and thickness wise... most of the other brands are overly thin

Old 01-25-2011, 09:06 PM

is that a cowl. or one that goes over your seat?
sounds like sharkskinz is the one to go with.. some one with deep pockets wanna hook me lmao

Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM

you can get a "seat cowl" in other words, seat comes out, cowl goes in lol

Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 PM

i saw one a guy was selling that just goes over the seat and looks like a cowl...that's why i asked... i still can't believe targa wants as much for there seat cowl as a race fairing.. paint ain't worth that much lol

Quick Reply: in tail exhaust...