F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stupid HK Fairings!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid HK Fairings!

STUPID HONG KONG FAIRINGS! ARGHH!!! I was trying to install them yesterday and I was so mad because the fitment was WAY off! The color didn't exactly meet my expectations either. I'm so mad. I don't know what to do with them. I guess I'll have to drill a bunch of holes now. This sucks! Even if I drill holes, I don't even think the tail fairing will fit. I tried putting it on, but it seemed so much smaller than it normally should be.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Default RE: Stupid HK Fairings!

lol yeah sucks dude, my friend in body work for bikes even says it's a bitch to get on right.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 PM

...sigh....I don't even know where to begin. What a major letdown.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
WOT

Any aftermarket farings are a pain to install and never fit like the stock ones.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM

damn man that sucks...how are they off, like too small or holes not in the right places or what?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

damn man that sucks...how are they off, like too small or holes not in the right places or what?
Pretty much both. I'm going to see if I can make it work. Doesn't seem likely though. If I get it to work, I'll definitely post up some pics.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Damn dude, ya get what ya pay for. I ordered a Repsol kit for my F3 two years ago and have put it off still for this very reason. I'm not careful enough to keep them pretty either so I'm plannin on just turning them around and sellin them instead of dealin with them.

How bad were the originals if you had them at all? I've been in the process of reworking my mix match F3 set for over a month, fixing cracks and rash. Their not turning out too bad but I do already have about $200 into them with the cost of primer and black paint included.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mind posting in the Aftermarket Review section about your purchase so as to help others considering something similar? If so, please post specifics.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM

Ahhhhh I'm still so mad! Went to work on my bike again today to see if I can manage anything, but it turns out that no matter how I adjust, manuever, or bend, things will just not fit. The alignment is way off. Even if I somehow manage to make it fit (like create new parts and tabs), there will be holes and gaps.

I called a local shop to see if they would be able to do it. They said it's a slight possibility, but they're sure it may not fit. They said they do about 5 of these sets a month and they usually have to crack some of the fairings, so I was like wtf?! I asked them how much it would be and they said it would be $500. That's just a rip off!!

I'll post a review after I get everything sorted out. I'm going to call the seller and complain like a **** to see if I can get a full refund back.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you do the review, post a link back to it on this thread, please.

Quick Reply: Stupid HK Fairings!