F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stubby can

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubby can

i saw a bike on the "sights n sounds" section and it had a D&D cut down and it was "stubbied" sticking right out of the side behind the fairing...sounded just like a bike with the regular stubby or with no exhaust...i love that sound and was wonderin if doing that kept the backpressure needed to make the bike run good? i would def love to do something similar to my bike...i have a 03 f4i and im not too satisfied with my scorpion slip on...it sloud up until about 5k then i can hear the engine over the pipe -.- i want loud any feedback or FRIENDLY suggestions are appreciated

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM

Honda Sportbike Exhaust - HONDA SLIP ON CBR600FI 01-07 Jazz Motorsports

if u watch the lame video at the bottom at 0:45 he holds up a BEAUTIFUL can that i would die (or kill) to have on my bike...anyone know what kind it is and if theyre available for our bikes?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 PM

I've seen videos on youtube and its the new 2Bros pipe for newer bike models. I have an 01, so mine is just the longer pipe not a stubby

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM

If you are looking to do a stubby right out of the fairing, I have seen guys get a 06-07 Yamaha R6 exhaust and mount it up. Take a look at this thread from last months Ride of the Month. The member tugboat has this set up. It looks pretty slick.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month...hread*-138139/

Old 06-21-2012, 09:15 PM

yes!! i love that look!! does that give the bike the backpressure it needs to run correctly cuz i ran mine without the exhaust and it lost alot of power...would doing that lose power? or would it run fine? would anything additional be needed if i cut mine down like that?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 PM

I would imagine you would definitely benefit from a Power commander with a custom map so you don't see that lose of power like you did running an open exhaust.

As far as the setup I linked to I'm pretty sure its a GYTR can meant for an R6. I would say best bet is to do some searching or PM Tugboat and try and get some answers. I know of the mod, just don't know anything about doing the mod.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM

yea i PM'd him... what is a GYTR (dumb question sry) and thanks for the help guys... and BTW An01InAZ ; my bike is almost identical to yours :P

Old 06-22-2012, 12:13 AM

GYTR Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing. Its Yamaha's brand of aftermarket race equipment. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a GYTR to get the look you want. You could go with a stock 06-07 R6 exhaust which usually you can pick up on Ebay for a few bucks and then just remove some of the packing for your desired sound level.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 PM

I have to look at ur bike on the computer. I'm on my phone. I'm ordering a dan moto soon. But that red exhaust looks good on that website

Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM

zimdbq I actually have a question for you since I cant message you for some reason. I don't mean to thread jack. I am interested in your setup. Did you get the yosh for another bike and put it on your f4i or did you cut one down. I am about to do this on a tbr high mount I have so I can put my passenger pegs back on and would like a look like yours. Also, how is it holding up with no support that usually braces the can from the footpeg. Or did you brace it somewhere else?

Quick Reply: Stubby can