F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

I was just curious if anyone has heard the sound it generates?
I was thinking of having acrome pipe made to fit on my F4i anyone heard of a company or seen this done ?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Default RE: straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

No more sleep for your neighbores if you came in late haha i would love to hear what it sounsd like

Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 PM

I saw a pic not long ago of a guy that did that. It looked OK. May be do an exhaust search. It was on this forum.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 PM

sounds sick but i do not recommend it.

ur bike WILL run like ****.

the bike needs that back pressure (muffler)
also, it will hurt your bike in the long run.

two words, forget it!

here are a couple of vids i took...watch the 2nd one.

http://www.MegaShare.com/jay/

note: the MIC on my camera sucks....its actually WAY LOUDER...u can hear me yelling to get my voice through and the neighbor complaining at the end.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Do your bike a favor and go with a Two Bros.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Dirtytoes

you dont need back pressure its a myth. how ever exhuast flow velocity is important.

mostly this myth comes from carbed cars its thought that it would cuase the engine to run lean which can cuase the valves to become burnt. but with modern fuel injection the computer controls the amount of fuel the engine recieves.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

you dont need back pressure its a myth. how ever exhuast flow velocity is important.

mostly this myth comes from carbed cars its thought that it would cuase the engine to run lean which can cuase the valves to become burnt. but with modern fuel injection the computer controls the amount of fuel the engine recieves.
I don't think any of these bikes have 02 sensors except for the 7+ models..... that means the ecu is map based and it will NOT compensate for a lean-running engine and you CAN blow it up if you lean it out......

sheesh.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: fordfasterr

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

I don't think any of these bikes have 02 sensors except for the 7+ models..... that means the ecu is map based and it will NOT compensate for a lean-running engine and you CAN blow it up if you lean it out......

sheesh.
sheesh?

the point was that backpressure was not needed and only effects fuel delivery this can easily be compensate for with a custom map. the gain in air flow though the bike will most likely be minimal as most back pressure is created from catalytic converters and since the bike has no catalytic converter it will already has a low amount of back pressure. as most members on here say these bikes are engineered to be very efficient and exhaust is only part of the air flow of an engine. You can only draw into the engine what the intake and valves allow you to so with out jamming air down the throat of the engine through forced induction i doubt that the engine will see much more air flow then it is already seeing which the fuel injection system with a custom map should be able to adjust to. many people on here mess with there air flow by changing there mufflers and have customs maps to deal with this there is no reason this couldn’t be done with a strait pipe.

i personally am not for a strait pipe i think it would be annoying as hell to ride because of the noise and problem would get pulled over every 2 miles but if someone wants to the decisions is theres?

lets try and keep the convo civil there is no reason to add sheesh or be rude about it.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: fordfasterr
sheesh.
LMAO

okay, i think im gonna stay out of this.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 AM

LMAO

okay, i think im gonna stay out of this.
feel free to ad your input bro its all good if its keeped civil. its a public forum ment to discuse stuff like this, this way we can all learn from it

Quick Reply: straight pipe on a sport bike ....?