F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

storage strap

Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Default storage strap

Anyone know what this strap is called and where I can get a new one? The strap is located in the rear storage. I over stuffed mine and it ripped. Any ideas to replace the strap would help too!

Also anyone know where I can get the rear seat strap? My bike never came with one. I want one so I can strap a hat or anything flat to my bike for a short ride. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails storage strap-asd.jpg   storage strap-fender.jpg  
Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by F4ith View Post
Anyone know what this strap is called and where I can get a new one? The strap is located in the rear storage. I over stuffed mine and it ripped. Any ideas to replace the strap would help too!

Also anyone know where I can get the rear seat strap? My bike never came with one. I want one so I can strap a hat or anything flat to my bike for a short ride. Thanks.
CLICK #8 is your band. As for the seat strap id say you would have to replace the seat because its obviously been tore off.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:32 PM

damn...10 bucks for a piece of rubber. just makeshift one

Old 08-27-2009, 04:33 PM

Used condoms and super glue!!!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
Used condoms and super glue!!!!!
non lubricated of course

Old 08-28-2009, 04:40 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post
damn...10 bucks for a piece of rubber. just makeshift one
$10 is worth keeping things secured on your bike that bounces around like crazy. In my opinion...

You can get straps from some of the sellers on Ebay who make new seat covers. When I ordered some CF-like vinyl covers for my seats, it came with a pre-made rear strap. So look around for some of those, maybe email them to see what they can come up with.

Otherwise look for a cheap seat and resell the actual seat once you take the strap off. Or sell your own if the new one is in better condition.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 PM

Don't waste your money, I put an undertail on, and didn't replace it and I don't even miss it at all.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 PM

$6 gets you a bungee net net from wally world and will secure far more than the seat strap.

The strap is held on to the seats by wat of the bracket bolts on the underside. Ebay or bikebanbit would be a good start.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 PM

Oh for the band in your staorage area try industrial rubber bands.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Sweet, thanks Joe. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm with Aken. 10 bucks to hold the junk in my trunk is worth it. I need something to hold down the paperwork/tools.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: storage strap

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.