F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stollen

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stollen

My bike was stollen yesterday morning.

Insurance might not pay for it. Since the comprehensive wasnt in effect yet even though it was going into affect.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Default RE: Stollen

dont report till its in affect....=\

Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 PM

to late its been reported.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:24 PM

Crap ... that really is not cool. Sorry to hear. Didn't you just get it about a week ago??

Chris

Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 AM

I got it back in May but i never posted anything till about a week ago.
I can pay the loan off if worst comes to worst but it would be comming out of a investment stash and i really dont want to hit it up.
but i dont want a payment for the next 4 years.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM

Your insurance goes into affect the minute you give your agent money!

Old 08-02-2006, 03:22 PM

If you have a good company it actually goes into effect when you hang up the phone.

I had to add some coverage to my policy awhile back, and as soon as they key it into the computer I was covered. Of course they just bill me for the difference.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Okay this is why the insurance company may not be liable or in my opinion wont pay. Last friday i was calling about upgrades and all that stuff and before i could buy i left my debit card at home so i couldnt purchase. Went home after work around 5 or 6. I just moved into my place so i dont have internet and on top of that my insurance stuff was all on my work desk sicne i was doing the whole shopping comparrison. Rather then just deal with the audio i said i would wait till monday to do it when i get back to work. Monday my bike was stollen and the insurance wasnt on yet since my job was hectic i was doing it when i got home. But to my surprise the beloved bike wasnt there. So i could of waited and reported it and if caught been in deep mess with them and the Air Force for insuracne fraud technically. or do everthing now so it didnt seem like i was trying to get over.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Default RE: Stollen (RECOVERD)

I GOT MY BABY BACK SHe isnt ding up but she is missing the farings, the seat, and the igntion. Got to take it up to the honda place to get an estimate. And from the estimate paper get work parts either from them or online. Are there any suggestions of where i can get this stuff from. I will have pictures for you guys in a minute of what she looks like now.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Stollen (RECOVERD)

Whoa congrats... not too often a stolen bike is recovered! Glad it's just some missing pieces and not completely trashed or wrecked. For parts online, look at www.ronayers.com and www.servicehonda.com . Serivice Honda will have the best prices, but Ron Ayers has a microfische to look them up, cuz Service Honda you need the part #, no microfische. Don't trust the dealer either with the part #'s on the estimate, I did that once and ordered a side fairing, and when it showed up to my suprise it was a yellow one instead of red, cuz they listed the wront #. Double check them all and Service Honda will probably be your best bet.

Good luck and glad to hear you got your bike back!