F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Staying warm

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Staying warm

What all do you guys do to stay warm, I read a thread that had several good ideas and proved it was important to keep your central body warm which will also keep your extremities warmer. https://cbrforum.com/m_156212/tm.htm

I've been riding lately and the temperature changes alot anywhere from 50-15. At night when its in the teens, my hands and chin get very cold. In the thread mentioned above, I saw some guy had something to cover the chin which helped. I think my gloves are kind of crappy, and not intended for winter(Joe rocket) Do you guys have any specific gloves that work well?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Default RE: Staying warm

What all do you guys do to stay warm
Stay off the bike when it cold.Just playin, I like Under Amourcold gear wear,layer up, double up socks, I got a Froggy for my helmet helps keep the face warm and against better judgement if it's real cold and I'm trying to get home instead riding stupid fast I'll draft a truck.[:@]

Old 02-16-2007, 03:38 PM

+1 on the under armor - I bought some recently from an outlet store - and went back to get more - nice stuff.

For the face, I have a cold killers (made by Knox I beleive) from www.oncycles.comand I really like it. It fits well, and
is windproof on the front. I had the same chin problem - but not anymore !

Get some good warm gloves too, remember all your controls are at your fingertips - so they have to react when you need them to.

Good luck,
Chris.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i usually have 2 shirt layers + my icon leather jacket (i use the winter lining to help insolate me) as far as my hands go i use normal $1.09 you can buy in a grocery store under my alpinestar gloves. and for my face i use a baclava (sp?) i want to get a nice pair of "motorcycle" jeans but just never get around to it.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

What all do you guys do to stay warm
Stay off the bike when it cold.Just playin, I like Under Amourcold gear wear,layer up, double up socks, I got a Froggy for my helmet helps keep the face warm and against better judgement if it's real cold and I'm trying to get home instead riding stupid fast I'll draft a truck.[:@]
What is a froggy?

Old 02-17-2007, 05:01 AM

well, some guys cant take the cold weather and buy heated gear, cough*oldfatguy*cough....I tough it out...underarmor is good, but its made to work once you start sweating, so you have to do some exercising before hopping on the bike, i masterbate....ok that last part was for shock value, i do jumping jacks and stretch...gotta stay limber!

Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Mad

I wear polypropylene underneath. They keep me warm. I also wear a cold weather mask under my helmet.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

well, some guys cant take the cold weather and buy heated gear, cough*oldfatguy*cough...
....or, you could look at it like some guys have finally wised up.

I'm still always looking for ways to keep warm for days when I don't wear the heated gear for whatever reason.

So, anybody know what a froggy is (that was mentioned above). Is it just a balaclava or something else? Like I said, I'm always on the lookout for stuff that works.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Widder electric vest user here, I use it anytime its cooler than 70 degrees! I still need some cold weather gloves.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

balaclava (helps stop air from getting into jacket too!), maybe a breath guard for your helmet? winter gloves/ normal gloves with inserts. handgrip wind-deflectors... two layered pants.

watch out for dry ice!

Quick Reply: Staying warm