F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

SS Braided Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Braided Lines

For those of you with these what do you think? A racer once told me it's the only thing he would do to a street bike. I have also read they are too touchy at low speeds. Is there much difference between SS and Kevlar?

-David

Old 11-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Default RE: SS Braided Lines

I have the SS, they're awesome. No swelling, looks good. My buddy has kevlar on his R1, from what I hear it's better, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:21 AM

for someone who doesn't know...how does this help? how much did it cost you? thanks

Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Fox
Banned

I'm prob. going to be getting a pair of SS lines also. I'm debating between the Goodridge and the Galfer sets...

What fluid are you using in your new system, Honda?

Old 11-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they'll run you like 80 bucks unless you find them on sale...
galfer and goodridge are pretty much the same. you won't notice any performance difference.
as far as the kevalr lines, yea they're real nice but all in all, you most likely won't notice the difference between them and ss.
both materials don't expand much so your brakes are solid. you'll totally notice from stock rubber though.

T

Old 11-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

they'll run you like 80 bucks unless you find them on sale...
galfer and goodridge are pretty much the same. you won't notice any performance difference.
as far as the kevalr lines, yea they're real nice but all in all, you most likely won't notice the difference between them and ss.
both materials don't expand much so your brakes are solid. you'll totally notice from stock rubber though.

T
How difficult is the installation? How much fluid do you need? I heard that it's a two person job, one person to bleed the other to open and close the valves.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 PM
L8X

galfer is the bomb

ORIGINAL: mikem317

I'm prob. going to be getting a pair of SS lines also. I'm debating between the Goodridge and the Galfer sets...

What fluid are you using in your new system, Honda?

Old 11-27-2005, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cjbettis

for someone who doesn't know...how does this help? how much did it cost you? thanks
Braided Lines help because there reinforced so when you brake theres no swell in the lines, which means you loose no pressure to the pads so less fade, especially when you work them hard and they get hot.

ORIGINAL: Dstudebaker

For those of you with these what do you think? A racer once told me it's the only thing he would do to a street bike. I have also read they are too touchy at low speeds. Is there much difference between SS and Kevlar?

-David

They shouldn`t make your brakes any more touchy than they already are, it sounds like your thinking of brake pads, when people change there stock lines to steel braided they often change the pads to a race compound so they can improve the braking further, these pads are usually designed to work at hotter temperatures than stockers, so when you first set off and there cold they can feel a little wooden,

I run Goodridge Lines with Carbone Lorraine SBK5 Pads on stock rotors, Awesome stopping power.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:28 AM

Thanks for all the information, i think i'm going to get some SS ones soon. My brake pads have pretty good life left so i'll probably wait on them, but what are some good brake pads that aren't too pricey?

-David

Old 11-28-2005, 01:57 PM

EBC-HH pads are very nice and you will notice a difference between them and the stock pads. If you get the SS lines, I would go ahead and do the pads at the same time.

Quick Reply: SS Braided Lines