F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Speedo stopped

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo stopped

My speedo reads "0" no matter how fast I am going. I am hoping it may have just coem unplugged, possibly blew a fuse? Where does the sensor plug in? I am assumign it is into the tranny? Help please.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Default RE: Speedo stopped

I can see it now for an excuse"BUT officer i wasnt even MOVING!!!"

Old 02-20-2007, 02:35 AM

damn...you beat me to it, i was gonna say, 'well now you cant ever get a speeding ticket'

Old 02-20-2007, 11:56 AM

The speed sensor is underneath the throttle body. You will need to remove the throttle body to get to it. The speed sensor is a 3P Black connector and the actual speed sensor is bolted onto the upper crankcase. Check the Contact between the 3P black connector and the sub-harness connector, its a 12P gray connector. The speed sensor has a Pink a Green and a Black wire coming out of it. I hope this helps you.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 PM

check the speedo sensor where it connects to not the engine first but to the other connector, thats farther out, still a bitch to get to but you dont have to take the throttle bodies off!
http://www.speedohealer.com/your_pic...i/tutorial.htm
heres a link that has a few pictures of the speed sensor

Old 02-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Thanks guys, I think a connection has just come loose. I rode the bike to class and it worked for part of the ride but has stopped again. Big thanks to almost there and space docking, the info should be a lot fo help. I will be tearing it down friday and hopefully fixing it.

I thinkis is the 3p black connector, I can see the wired ont he side of my bike and wiggled them and it worked shortly after that. I will just pull itapart, make surethat is connected, put some di-electric grease on it and follow that up to the insturment panel and see if it is comign loose there.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:56 AM

I am pretty sure it is a plug before the ECU, today the odometer stopped counting for a little while and the "FI" light came on, but would go off when I leaned the bike over.

The reason I think it is the plug is because before the speedometer wasn't working, but it was still counting miles, then today it stopped counting miles for a little while, then started again then stopped, but was not completely correlated with the speedometer. I figure if it was the sensor goign bad they would both start and stop at the same time.

Anyone else have anyt houghts?

Old 02-22-2007, 02:59 AM

I HAVE THE EXACT PROBLEM.

For some reason... it seems to turn off when I get on the freeway. It tends to come back on sometimes, when I get to lower speeds. Maybe it's the same for you. But, I don't really care about the speedo, I don't need it anyway.

Not sure if you noticed but... your mileage doesn't go up. LoL. Think of the positive things man.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM

lol, my odometer is stuck at 15000miles

Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM

my f4i is also doing the exact same thing, speedo will work for bout the first 10 minutes of riding then read 0 and not work or won't count miles. haven't gotten around to taken off the gas tank and all that yet. hope its a loose connection. i checked all the connections behind the headlight and all good. so we'll see. keep us updated on your problem and your solution.

Quick Reply: Speedo stopped