F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Speedo Healer settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo Healer settings

I will be installing a speedo healer within the next weekneed to know what switches i need to flip on the speedo healer for -1, +2 sprockets. The bike is a 2001 F4i. I would appreciate it if those of you that have already done this with the same gearing could tell me exactly which switches I need to switch to get an accurate speed reading so that I do not have to use the trial and error method. Thanks for the help

Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Default RE: Speedo Healer settings

its not quite that simple, how worn are your tires, how far is your speedo off now? if you go to the speedo healer website, there is an online calculator that will tell you what dip switch setting to use. Best way to do it, is to borrow someones GPS, run down the road with it compare the GPS to your speedo, then go back and use the online calcualtor

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/adjust.htm

Old 05-14-2007, 11:02 PM

thanks for the info. as for tires they are fairly new. I guess I will have to find a GPS to borrow then. Any other suggestions are welcome for a starting point

Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM

So out of everyone who has a speedo healer, nobody else can give me any other setting suggestions that would be a good starting point for me?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 PM

If you have looked at the link I sent you, you'll see its not just a setting of your dipswitch. you have to follow several steps, and depending on what the online calculator says, you have to flip certain switches on and off in set intervals. It is not as simple as just saying "set X switch to on". Even if I gave you my instructions that the calculator gave me, its only a ballpark, as I have not used a GPS on mine yet to get an accurate percentage.

If someone posted up their setting instructions, It would be close, but depending on your factory speedo error percentage, wear on tires, sprocket changes, it could be slightly different. Its all just a ballpark until you use a GPS against your speedo for dead nutz accuracy.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Here's a link to the thread where I posted all of my findings: https://cbrforum.com/m_89262/tm.htm

Hope it helps.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another way to get a fairly accurate reading of error (for the people without GPS units)

Set you odometer to 0. Find a MARKED road that is say 10 miles long. Ride the 10 miles and stop. Read the odometer value... if it's not 10 miles then it's off. Divide the two numbers to find the % error.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: woot

Another way to get a fairly accurate reading of error (for the people without GPS units)

Set you odometer to 0. Find a MARKED road that is say 10 miles long. Ride the 10 miles and stop. Read the odometer value... if it's not 10 miles then it's off. Divide the two numbers to find the % error.
That is not quite right. In theory yes, but in principal no (at least with my bikes). Why? Because when I compared my odometer to my GPS trip meter, they were nearly dead on. Yet, my speedo reads 70-72 when the GPS says I'm doing 65.

From what I have gathered, the speedo healer will allow you to set for most accurate speedo or odo. Natively, my F4i and RR are dead on or there abouts with regards to the odometer. If your odo is right on, from this I gather that when you correct your speedo with the healer, your odo will no longer be correct. I also found out when you view your top speed setting from the speedohealer, while you view the setting it actually ups your mileage during each top speed viewing.

So in short, it is best to use mile marker posts, not distance signs. You can stop watch yourself if you don't have a GPS to find out your actual speed, but with no cruise on a bike it'll be hard to do, accurately. However, you can use milemarkers for verifying your odometer accuracy which is what I did prior to getting a GPS which just verified the mile marker posts/odometer accuracy.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Anyone ever install one of these on an f4i? I have an 06 and am having a helluva time accessing the stock sensor I need to disconnect under the rear shock as shown on the site, any tips? How did you guys get to it?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 PM

I took the tank and throttle bodies off so I could see what I was doing. Plugging and unplugging the sensor was a PITA. I held one end of the connector on one side of the bike while a buddy held the other side on the opposite side of the bike. If you can see the connector then u are off on the right foot. It is by the starter but you will porbably have to take of the tank and throttle bosied to make room to work

Quick Reply: Speedo Healer settings