F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Sounds strange

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds strange

Hello, i have a problem

Today, i went to run the CBR , and when i pust the run button, the bikes sounds like my last bike (Kawasaki Ninja 650). Sounds like a tow cilynder bike. It ocurred a little time. A few seconds later, the motor sounds good, and i leave out with the bike.

I ride 50 miles, whit the bike, and i don´t have any problem.

Someone happened this?

The Bike have 36000 km, and the spark plugs have not changed ever.

Sorry for my english, i´m trying to practice...

Old 11-17-2011, 10:30 AM

More info needed

It's an F4i, right?
Does it rev normally while the sound is different?
Does it perform as usual afterwards?
Does this thing happen if you start it up while still warm?

Old 11-17-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by asterios
More info needed

It's an F4i, right?
Does it rev normally while the sound is different?
Does it perform as usual afterwards?
Does this thing happen if you start it up while still warm?
-Yes, its an F4I.
-Today is the first day that i saw it. And i don´t has time to saw the REV. When i ran, the motor was only a few seconds whit the strange sound (working with 2 cilynders?)
-Passed a few seconds, the motor works correctly.
-This morning when i run, the bike was stopped, since 6 days.

Than you

Old 11-22-2011, 05:58 AM

Anyone have a new opinion or experience?

If you don´t understand what i wrote, please tell me and i try to write again.

Thank you all

Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 AM

Have you kept up w/ the other maintenance except spark plugs? I'd try running some fuel injector cleaner through it like techron or regane, change the spark plugs, change the air filter, and inspect and adjust the valves if needed. Everything on that list except the injector cleaner is recommended maintenance from honda for your mileage.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by chambers
Have you kept up w/ the other maintenance except spark plugs? I'd try running some fuel injector cleaner through it like techron or regane, change the spark plugs, change the air filter, and inspect and adjust the valves if needed. Everything on that list except the injector cleaner is recommended maintenance from honda for your mileage.
Yes i kept the other maintenance. The only thing that its not changed its the spark plugs. I´m going to buy in a few time.

I have now 34500 km, and the "big" maintenance is now. I have to change the air filter, spark plugs, and of course the oil and oil filter.

If i have any more problem with this, i try to change spark plug an air filter before the maintenance.

Tonigth i will try to run the bike...

Old 11-23-2011, 03:20 AM

Since you are up for some servicing, you might as well remove and clean the injectors.

In order to rule out electrical failure, remove the saddle, and shortcircuit the litle unused plug on the left side of the bike. Then turn the switch and the killswitch on and see if you get any flashing on the MIL lamp (the FI light on your dash)

BTW the spark plugs are coded IMR9A-9H, stock no.6966 (NGK)

Old 11-23-2011, 06:52 AM

Since you are up for some servicing, you might as well remove and clean the injectors.
I think that is so advanced for me...

In order to rule out electrical failure, remove the saddle, and shortcircuit the litle unused plug on the left side of the bike. Then turn the switch and the killswitch on and see if you get any flashing on the MIL lamp (the FI light on your dash)
I don´t understend this point. I remove the saddle, and what is the thing i have to do?

BTW the spark plugs are coded IMR9A-9H, stock no.6966 (NGK)
Yes I know it. I will buy on ebay, because, if you go to buy it in a Honda Shop in Spain, the price are 150 Euros, 37 Euros for each Spark Plug.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

36,000km has to be more then 16,000 miles so you need to change the plugs big time. My bike starts running poorly around 14,000 miles on one set of plugs although its never run on 2 cylinders...

Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
36,000km has to be more then 16,000 miles so you need to change the plugs big time. My bike starts running poorly around 14,000 miles on one set of plugs although its never run on 2 cylinders...
The bike starts correctly, except that day. Now its stoped since 6 days. Tonight i will try to run and if it not start correctly, i will change before maintenance

Somebody can tell me some shop to buy the Spark Plugs online, or where you usually buy the Spark Plugs. Here in Spain cost 200 Dollars in Honda Oficial Shop

Quick Reply: Sounds strange