F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Soon to purchase 04 F4i

Old 12-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to purchase 04 F4i

Hello all I am new to the forum. I am looking at a 04 Cbr F4i with 20k miles on it. Its a 2 owner bike with the second owner only putting 700 miles on it. The bike has a power commander, Jardine rt-one exhaust, +2 rear, -1 front, and includes jacket, helmet, and gloves. I plan on changing the oil and air filter. I was wondering what all i need too look out for? I know it needs a faring on the right side from where it was laid down but other than that body is in great shape. Should i go ahead and replace the cct? Any help would be great. Thanks again

Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 AM

Why is the second owner selling it after 700 miles?

Is he the one that put it down on the right side? Maybe it scared him? I would be a little worried as to why he's unloading it so fast.

As for the bike 20k miles is nothing, so just check for the routing stuff. Fluids / tires / wear and tear parts. Someone else can chime in with some other stuff.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:03 AM

Yeah, what Nate said. I would also search the F4i Main forum page and look for the "common F4i problems" threads. There are a few of them. 20k really isn't anything for the F4i, but I agree with Nate again, go see it in person. It seems a little sketchy, but I wouldn't let it detour you from it.

Edit: Don't replace the CCT unless you hear it. I had an F4i with 18k on it, but no CCT issues. Don't waste the time or money if it doesn't need it. Routine maintenance is always a good idea though. Good thinkin, OP.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM

thats awsome man

once u get that f4i its like moving out of ur parents house for the first time plus getting ur licsence(god I cant spell)back when u were 16 at the same time...aka best feeling ever

and yeah 20k aint shet in my book...you'll ride that ***** for ever if you just do regular maintenace...good luck and ask santa for some gear

Old 12-23-2010, 10:49 AM

I have saw the bike in person. It looks great and sound great and rides great. The first owner was the owner who laid it down not the second. He said he just never has time to ride it. He bought it with the intentions of riding it to work but he was surprised at how quick the bike was and he would rather have the another car than a bike. The second guy bought the bike the way it sits now just as I am about to buy it.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 AM

Hey man, i'm actually in a similar situation as you. I'm purchasing an 01 CBR F4i, with 33k miles on it. The fairings aren't in great shape, with the front headlight fairing being busted where the turning signals once were. Side fairings having a few scratches on them, and the seat fairing being cracked on both sides at the front. The bike is coming with a lot of extras, including racing/track fairings, stand, new in box sprocket and chain, and a few other little goodies. I'm paying $2300, and honestly find this bike to a good deal. It's not a great deal, but good none the less. I'm sure i'll have to put some work in to it, and even some money to make it run awesome, but i'm confident in the model and the bike. There's a great community on here that are willing to provide insight, tips, and even service manuals. I'm happy with my decision, and look forward to picking it up in a few weeks. Best of luck!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Same here. I'm going to put oem fairing back on the bike but I want to do the split seat conversion. But other than that this bike has everything I want on a bike and just the right side fairing is messed up nothing else.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 AM

I now have owners manual and service manual so I will do routine stuff when I get the bike and I'll deff have time to check everything as it is 20 degrees here. Thanks again for the help. If you all think of anything else just let me know.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 PM

IMHO $2300 is too much for this Bike. I would offer no more than $1500 myself. Better deals are out there, be patient. On top of that its winter, this should knock off a couple hundred right there

Old 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM

When do you get to pick up your bike? It's going to be hard not being

able to ride it right away. What color is it my 04 is black and yellow,

Love this bike even with the bananna seat. Get a seat cowl looks good,

Check my pics. Be safe and enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soon to purchase 04 F4i