F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Someone Stole My Left Rearset!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Someone Stole My Left Rearset!!

I'll be moving into a house in like 3 weeks with a garage, so I should be fine after that. Though it appears I'm having trouble just getting through these three weeks!!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is nothin' like the comfort of your own garage. For many obvious reasons!

Old 12-22-2006, 07:02 AM

I got some new toys

Old 12-24-2006, 04:40 PM

Well, I had lost all hope about putting my rearsets on til..... I was given some GENIUS advice from a friend at work....

"Dude just use your dremel tool to cut off the damaged threads"

HOLY **** WHAT AN IDEA!!! So as SOON as I got home I bust out the dremel tool and!!!!!!!!!!!! it was broken.

Being that it was 4am, nowhere could I obtain a dremel tool...

This afternoon when I woke up, I walked my happy *** over to Lowes, bought a dremel tool, cut off the threads, and now!!!!!

I AM VICTORIOUS!!!!!!

I have no pictures cause Kelly took the digital camera to Ohio, but I will soon. This has been a hard week.

Old 12-25-2006, 01:19 AM

Sorry I just caught your question.

Mine went on pretty easy for the most part. One issue I had was getting the foot pegs into the hole they go through. A little time on the bench grinder to shrink it down solved that. Also to clear the bolts that hold the break line to the swingarm when you use the brake, I had to grind the head down a bit and use some flat washers as spacers. That was because of the 1" back and 1" up mounting. Also, bear in mind that you won't be able to use the stock brake light switch. I bought one of the pressure related ones that I just installed but haven't tried yet. For a while I just ran without a switch on the rears. Since I was installing Galfer lines and new pads and rotors, I decided to go ahead and use the switch.All in all an easy install. You have to play with the positioning of the shifter lever to get it all right. I actually ended up pulling the actuator off the tranny and adjusting the position of it too.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:17 AM

I didn't have any trouble getting them into the stock bracket holes, so not totally sure what problem you had there.

The bracket that holds the brake line down, I'm going to have to come up with something for that. I might drill that hole all the way through the swingarm and just run a ziptie through there. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it wouldn't be too bad, and it would work.

Now, the rear brake cylinder (I think that's what it's called) doesn't bolt up right to the heel gaurd. I need to loosen the nut on that long bolt down near the bottom (I think). Any description of exactly how you had to do that? I would post up pictures but I won't have the digi cam for a few days, and the bike is basically in storage... Actually I have some old pictures that I will just show you. Here