CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Solutions to a Vibration Issue? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/solutions-vibration-issue-47906/)

white99gt 09-04-2007 09:54 PM

RE: Solutions to a Vibration Issue?

ORIGINAL: kiker14

Hey white99gt, I agree completely with what you are saying. What bothers me about the current situation is that the dealership agreed that there was ::something:: wrong - they also had another 06 f4i in the shop and when they compared, they agreed that min vibrated more than the other, and that it sounded different.

I do not expect a motorcycle to have no vibrations - but also do not think that the level of vibration that I am experiencing is "normal" I also did not like the "clunking" sound I heard.

I personally have not noticed any lack of power - on my ride home, although it was very buzzy - I had no problem getting right up to ~85-90 mph.

I have contacted a second dealership, if they can take a look at it within the next two weeks I will take it there, otherwise I'm going to wait until November or December when the dealership is less busy to see if they can give it a second crack.

I would take it to a different shop even if you have to wait..Mainly due to the reasons some of the other guys stated.We all work off flat rate.But some rather piss off a good customer during warrenty times(which means they wont come back when its up and their work becomes customer pay).

Not every dealership has this kind of tech.Personally (even though i wrench on cars),would rather take a hit now and fix a customers issue while under warrenty,to make sure that customer comes back after it runs out.Its not like these bikes are like cars..It can not be that hard to check out..Hell im sure with the engines and such that honda has a reman program(aka exchange) if there is a tranny/motor issue..Its not like its gonna take them 2 days to r&r it if there is a issue..

Mine is going in for its first service(600 mile serviceon thursday).So ill see how my dealership treats me.I only give a dealership one shot at my money ,after that they will never see me again..

Fasthound 09-05-2007 09:24 AM

White: You tell it how it is and I appreciate that. My F4i has always had a slight buzzing in the bars and I knew this was normal. What I, and I believe Kiker, are feeling is way more extensive than that.

I have also noticed a rougher idle since the vibration issue surfaced. My first plan of attack is to look at the plugs if I can figure out how to get to them.

Goose Rider 05-26-2008 08:18 PM

Ancient thread dig up....dude if you are still around..whatever happened??

My F4i has welll I would not call it vibrations..I would call it buzziness but a very distinct buzziness...feels like I have one of those mild joy buzzers in my hand

Someone said earlier that his CCT could not be bad as he only has 2700 on it...mine started rattling at 2800 and is now pretty pronounced at 4000 miles.

Dealer said he could probably get it covered under warranty (have extended) so lets hope that is true

I think i read here in another thread that the CCT can cause vibrations in the bike??

Goose

pashosr 05-26-2008 09:01 PM

Hey i wouldn't get too worked up about it, most of ourmachines are just like that..everything makessome kind of noise and orvibration. Most likely youhave pulled up behind a harley havent you? Notice how the ridersometimes looks like they might vibrate off their bike lol, i think its pretty funny since some of them cost like $40,000.But yea those guys dont bring their bikes back to the dealership to get checked out.It's just how some things are made to run. NOW with that said....once you get to know your bike for yourself you will learn what is normal and what isn't. When you do notice something that seems out of the ordinary do think about the worst outcomefrom the issue. Mainly your body, others out there and then your bike. Sometimes it is worth it to have it looked at because honestly we truely have no protection when wereout there. I personally don't believe it is worth it to not haveyour bikelooked at just to save a few bucks....if you go down or even stall out it is very scary due to the cages that just don't care about our safety. Good luck with your issue and ride carefully.