CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Solutions to a Vibration Issue? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/solutions-vibration-issue-47906/)

Xx New Guy xX 08-29-2007 04:59 PM

RE: Solutions to a Vibration Issue?

FYI I called the dealership today, they said that there was potentially something very wrong with my bike and they are going to dismantle it tomorrow to continue their troubleshooting. They said that they "heard" something wrong - I don't know if they even tried to ride it or rev it or anything like that.

I will keep you all updated.

Ruftags 08-30-2007 11:20 AM

Be careful with them "troubleshooting", all that will be considered labor hours. Hopefully they at least gave you an specificidea of what they considered to be a real problem.

EHonda 08-30-2007 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: kiker14

FYI I called the dealership today, they said that there was potentially something very wrong with my bike and they are going to dismantle it tomorrow to continue their troubleshooting. They said that they "heard" something wrong - I don't know if they even tried to ride it or rev it or anything like that.

I will keep you all updated.

Sounds like a stealership at its best. Good luck.

Xx New Guy xX 08-30-2007 12:18 PM

I talked to the guy already, he said he's going to charge me for 1 hour of troubleshooting only - and if whatever they "find" is covered by honda's warranty then I don't have to pay anything at all. I have a good relationship with these guys, they won't screw me.

Xx New Guy xX 08-30-2007 12:22 PM

I talked to the shop again - he said that they have put aside 1/2 day on tuesday to dedicate to my bike, and if it isn't covered under warranty (which he suspects it will be) that he will cut the hours in half and cut the hourly rate in half. I'll update on tuesday.

F4itanner 08-30-2007 09:34 PM

i disagree Borka. My 02 doestn vibrate that much. My hands would get a little but I changed the grips and put some heavier bar ends and there is nothing. Now there is still slight vibration rattles in the bike, but all bikes have that. you bike may not be timed right???? that would definately cause vibration and a loss of power

fishfryer527 08-31-2007 03:45 AM

Fasthound,

You said it was RPM dependent but it was inconsistant, are you sure it isn't speed dependent like a wheel out of round or something?

loko 08-31-2007 05:58 AM

Humm?......Interesting?

Mr Pink 08-31-2007 08:51 AM

Ive read in several places that the cam chain tensioner wears out fast on these things andproduces vibrations. May want to have a look at that. Most recommend replacing it with a manual one. Only problem with that is you have to tighten it periodically by hand. Give us an update when you find what it is.

Fasthound 09-01-2007 05:58 PM

kiker14, thanks for the update. If you are comfortable with it, I would like to compare the last few digits of our VINs to see if they were manufactured close together.

I am nearly positive that it is not a wheel out of balance. The vibration is present at idle and increases with a shot of the throttle while in neutral.

I have thought about the CCT, but I wouldn't think they would go out at 2700 miles.