F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Sold my VFR, looking for F4i.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold my VFR, looking for F4i.

Hi all, newbie here. I just sold my VFR and am looking for a 2002-2006 F4i. I really like the looks of the split tail on the '02-03's,so I'm leaning towards those yrs.What are the main differences between the yrs 02-06?Was there any majorchanges on the newer models (04-06) that make a newer one a better choice (and extra cost)? is there one particular yr that is better than another? Is there a yr to stay away from?

I'm gonna look at an '02 F4i tonite with 6k miles on it. Should there be anything I need to really take a close look at? The pics show its all stock and looks good. The guy who had it never dropped it and swears that there is not a scratch on it. Asking price is $4500, with a few extras. Around here, I'm finding Stock, low mile (7k or less)'02-03's going for $4800 to $5200 and they are getting that from the 1st guy that looks at them!!! I do have another lined up, which is an '05 that was bought new last yr (as a leftover) with 3000 miles on it. The guy that had it pampered it and was not hard on it and isAsking $5800. I really wanted to stay below $5k since my plan is to ride this bike for a summer and move up to NEW next yr whn my truck is paid off. Plus, I don't really care for the seat on the 04-06.

Any advice would be great and much appreciated.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sold my VFR, looking for F4i.

No major differences between the 01-03 and the 04-06 other than the tail section. Biggest thing to look for when buying a f4i is the CCTL. Not a major problem but could be used to negotiate the price. There is a ton of info on here, just use the search feature