F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Sold the F4i for a 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teko1020
Sorry zmds18, I just dont like you. Don't take it personal, I know that might be hard for you, but I just dont like people who get offended by every little comment, even if they happen to agree.

Enjoy the bike Tyler.
I could care less if u dont like me. I dont get offended by every little comment what i get offended by is a jerk who has to tell everyone else how ugly their bike is or how they cant do this or do that to it.... Wheres the pics of ur bike at? I dont see any... Im sure there is a reason for that

Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 AM

Actually there are a few reasons. 1) I'm not done customizing it to my liking. 2) I don't have a shiny new HD Camera that would take a picture with quality enough worth posting. But if you can imagine the looks of the pearl white 848 with the red/black accents, similar to Akens bike minus the gold, then that will be what my bike looks like when its done. And actually I didn't say the bike was ugly, I said it was a "nice looking RR" (glad you can read), I made a comment on how ugly the chrome red windscreen looks... Keep your feminine feelings far away from me and stop them from constantly jacking threads.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM

No it is not my bike yet, I am picking it up tonight.

It has 25000 kms (15, 534 miles) on it. Comes with a two brothers exhaust, pazzo levers, RK zzz 525 gold chain and +3 rear sprocket, flush mounts, a new pilot power rear, a spare front pirelli tire, a nice waterproof cover, 1 alarmed disc lock, 1 kryptonite disc lock, front and rear stand, stock windscreen, levers, exhaust and lights.

Talked him down to $4900, which is good in Canada where most 04's in this condition are going for over $6000

He didn't ride it much and it has barely seen rain, it is pretty immaculate.

I'm thinking I'll get a tinted DB windscreen that I can see through, and I am thinking about some reflective red rim tape so I can be seen better at night - the drivers here are terrible. If I don't like it then whatever, it is only 12 bucks. Probably pick up a scorpio alarm as well. I have a viper alarm on the f4i and loved it.

I hope I made the right decision, if I make enough money I'd buy back the f4i as a second bike, and get a 1000rr.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 AM

I just received some red reflective rimtape from elite_vinyl something on ebay for about $14. They are the precurved kind and you can add custom lettering on the tape. Like mine says "CBR 600 F4i" on them but they had other options for pretty much every sportsbike out there.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by teko1020
Actually there are a few reasons. 1) I'm not done customizing it to my liking. 2) I don't have a shiny new HD Camera that would take a picture with quality enough worth posting. But if you can imagine the looks of the pearl white 848 with the red/black accents, similar to Akens bike minus the gold, then that will be what my bike looks like when its done. And actually I didn't say the bike was ugly, I said it was a "nice looking RR" (glad you can read), I made a comment on how ugly the chrome red windscreen looks... Keep your feminine feelings far away from me and stop them from constantly jacking threads.

both of you need to stop, this kid is trying to show off his bike, and you're both being little girls. sac up and let it go. and furthermore, Teko, pearl white isn't customization...everybody paints their bike pearl white. and the fact that you told him that it's going to look like Aken's only shows that you're not very original. poor argument. cant we all just congratulate tyler on his new machine?

minus the windscreen, awesome looking bike! It looks like it's in awesome shape! and you got a lot of goodies with it too. we hope you'll still pop in every once in a while to say hi here in the F4i section cheers!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler947
No it is not my bike yet, I am picking it up tonight.

It has 25000 kms (15, 534 miles) on it. Comes with a two brothers exhaust, pazzo levers, RK zzz 525 gold chain and +3 rear sprocket, flush mounts, a new pilot power rear, a spare front pirelli tire, a nice waterproof cover, 1 alarmed disc lock, 1 kryptonite disc lock, front and rear stand, stock windscreen, levers, exhaust and lights.

Talked him down to $4900, which is good in Canada where most 04's in this condition are going for over $6000

He didn't ride it much and it has barely seen rain, it is pretty immaculate.

I'm thinking I'll get a tinted DB windscreen that I can see through, and I am thinking about some reflective red rim tape so I can be seen better at night - the drivers here are terrible. If I don't like it then whatever, it is only 12 bucks. Probably pick up a scorpio alarm as well. I have a viper alarm on the f4i and loved it.

I hope I made the right decision, if I make enough money I'd buy back the f4i as a second bike, and get a 1000rr.
i think everybody should keep their F4i. and it's a shame that we can't haha. Go for the rim tape, it'll look good as an accent!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
Teko, pearl white isn't customization...everybody paints their bike pearl white. and the fact that you told him that it's going to look like Aken's only shows that you're not very original. poor argument. cant we all just congratulate tyler on his new machine?
Then techinically nothing is "customization" with your definition because anything and everything without a doubt has been done before. Be it on a f4i or what have you. The only reason I mentioned Akens bike is because it was the closest reference to a F4i on this board that matches the look I'm going for. His bike did not influence me, the 848 did. I even have a 2010 Specialized Rockhopper that matches. And I congratulated Tyler before zmds18 even made an appearance.

Last edited by teko1020; 02-24-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Sweet ride man. Both the f4i and rr are great bikes. I have the f4i because I like the more relaxed riding position for all the riding I do. Im in Canada too (CFB Borden Ontario at the moment) and managed to get my 03 f4i for 3500 last may. $4900 is a decent deal. The dealers here want 6000 for an 01 f4i and 7800 for an 05 rr. Looks like us canadians know how to shop. lol

For those that think it was a bad decision, at least he still rides a Honda.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Looks like us canadians know how to shop. lol.
Nah, everyone is just in a giving mood because the Olympics are in Vancouver.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Sweet ride man. Both the f4i and rr are great bikes. I have the f4i because I like the more relaxed riding position for all the riding I do. Im in Canada too (CFB Borden Ontario at the moment) and managed to get my 03 f4i for 3500 last may. $4900 is a decent deal. The dealers here want 6000 for an 01 f4i and 7800 for an 05 rr. Looks like us canadians know how to shop. lol

For those that think it was a bad decision, at least he still rides a Honda.

Thanks. I work out of CFB Gagetown. I noticed the difference when I sat on the RR.. I guess it is something I'll have to get used to. I always loved the look of the undertail exhaust, and love the sound of the two brothers - I think that is what really sold me on it. I've had a different bike for 3 seasons now - I know I'll stick with honda after the gixxer I had a couple years back.

I figured it was a good deal becuase I have 2 brand new tires with the bike, and stands, and disc locks.. the mods on it are pretty decent. Not too sure about that chrome windscreen, i'll probably swap that out.

I put on 15000 kms last summer on the F4i, I hope I can do the same this summer with the RR, as long as my back doesn't give out.

Quick Reply: Sold the F4i for a 600rr