F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

sold the F2, want an F4i next

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sold the F2, want an F4i next

well i sold my F2 a couple days ago and while it was a good bike, it was time to move on. one of the reasons i sold it now is that i will be gone most of the summer and i would not have ridden it anyway. When i get back in august I'm going to start looking for an F4i. I know I want an 01-03 one, and I want it to be in great condition (the F2 was a major project that involved me repainting it). Do you guys think I could find an 01-03 F4i that is in excellent condition (mechanically and cosmetically) with 10k miles or less for around $4,200?

I suppose I could shell out more if i needed but I know I am going to want to put on a slipon (probably highmount) along with flushmounts and an undertail kit. Am I dreaming too big or could I find the right person willing to sell? Looking forward to joining the ranks of the F4i's. After how much I loved my F2 there was no chance I was going to buy anything other than Honda. Thanks for looking.
Dutch

Old 06-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Default RE: sold the F2, want an F4i next

You might be even spending less than 4,200. Especially in august the season is ending and people are wanting to get rid of their bike quick. So your goals are pretty realistic

Old 06-05-2008, 07:39 PM

good to hear. sucks not having a bike again but im very excited mapping out what i want for my next bike. i guess you can never really get rid of the itch! thanks

Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think what you have to spend on a F4i is a reasonable amount. although finding one for that price w/ under 10k miles may be a bit harder, but its not far fetched. its a reasonable amount for what you're looking for. i purchased my '01 a year ago in MINT condition bone stock w/ 4,660 miles for $5k.....just to give you an idea.

what undertail were you looking at, and flushmounts?

also what slip-on are you interested in?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM

well I have been liking the micron exhaust and hotbodies undertail and flushmounts. I have been looking at tons of pictures of every sort of F4i I can find, and I am really liking what some of the guys have done out there. I guess I shouldnt plan out what i want too much as I dont even have the bike yet but a guy can dream cant he?