F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

smoked

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: smoked

I have to disagree with the airflow. If you ever take your bike on the interstate and ride faster than 80 mph for long distances, if you lay your chest on your gas tank, it does help with the airflow for riding at higher speeds. If you putt around town and never go long runs at higher speeds you will never see the effects of a double bubble.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 AM

i have one on my bike and i like the looks of it
i dont know how much it does with wind i havent rode without it

Old 12-29-2008, 02:46 PM

I went from stock shape, to nothing(rode it naked for a bit, then rode without a windscreen for a short period of time...damn ebay seller messed up), and finally to a DB. I like the look of the stock shape better but imo function > form..and you're really not sacrificing much. The touring style is absolutely hideous tho lol...that's where I draw the line. I rode many times to and from school and my hometown which is just about exactly 100 miles and the DB definitely was the better choice there

Old 12-29-2008, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

I have to disagree with the airflow. If you ever take your bike on the interstate and ride faster than 80 mph for long distances, if you lay your chest on your gas tank, it does help with the airflow for riding at higher speeds. If you putt around town and never go long runs at higher speeds you will never see the effects of a double bubble.
guess it depends on how much you ride tucked on the freeway. i know when i had my DB (unknown brand), it would blast me in the face when i wasn't tucked, which i wasn't most of the time, so i got rid of it.

VTcbr, i think there was a write-up in the how-to on painting a windscreen. krylon fusion sticks pretty good to plastic

Old 12-30-2008, 05:30 AM

Well, I gotta disagree that it doesn't help with the wind. It does.

I had a ZeroG double bubble for about a year, but broke it. I temporarily replaced it with the stock windshield and there's a noticeable difference. It's mainly buffeting. The ZeroG pushes the wind a little higher and out, so there's no side buffet, which I get on my helmet.

The ZeroG also has a quiet spot that I like. I do a lot of long-distance riding on the 4Fi and the ZeroG is worth it. I've got a replacement on order.

Paul

Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 PM

I have the puig dark smoke non-DB screen. While the DB may seem more sporty, I found the stock screen shape gave my bike a more sleek look, which is what I like. Wish it came with a Honda sticker like the stock screen. Guess I'll have to order some decals.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Puig light smoke racing screen here.
Deflects air flow higher up to shoulders rather than top of chest with stock screen.
Alittle more turbulence but I can tuck completely behind it which is great for track days and highway riding.
Luv it.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Question help me please

OK i just got a new windshield tinted and I wanted to know if there is a easy way to get the rubber WELLNUTS off I dont want to have to replace them I just want to reuse them any help ... was thinking of just using water and soap and just push them thru .. just dont know if I get them off the old one if I can reuse them on the new one .. thanks guys

Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 AM

I used a flat head screwdriver. they pop in and out fairly easily, just be patient. I used the flathead to just start each one...it is pretty straight forward. Just push them through. I am not at all mechanically inclined and I got it in no time... entire job took like 5 minutes.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by VTcbr
I'm looking at getting rid of the stock clear windshield for my 01 f4i and going with a nice smoked out one. The double bubble is what alot of my friends that i ride with have but in a way that windshield gives the sportbike a touring look that i don't like. Who actually has the double bubble on their bike and do you think it prevents alot of the wind on your helmet. In a way i hardly care about that and merely care for the look so i'd like to find the stock size windshield only in a dark tint. Know any good names for a dark windshield the same size of the stock one?

A few bikes were out today in Vermont!!
I have a Zero-G double bubble, smoked. It definitely does block a lot of wind for me. This may have to do with rider height. (I'm 5'8" and about 175.) Last fall at that track, I did a get off and broke the Zero-G so I went back to the stock for awhile.

Big difference. I bought another Zero-G. What it does is reduce helmet buffet and it give you a nice, really quiet bubble toward the back of the back, if you lean back and straighten up. (I do that as a rest position on long rides.)

--Paul

Quick Reply: smoked