F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default slip-ons

so i found a site that lets me hear different brands of pipes, yet idk what bike they are using for the sound clip. well, i found some pipes in my price range and im not sure which one i want to go w/, and if anyone on here has one of these and any input on them id greatly appreciate their input! i found all of the following for under $280. im going for a deep aggressive sound, not so much for the performance. anyone w/ any input on these slip-ons? id greatly appreciate any help. hopefully w/in a couple months i'll be purchasing one.

thanks in advance

*Jardine
*Scorpion
*D&D
*Muzzy

Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slip-ons

the scorpion sounds good, my friend has one and i like it. i have a akra on mine and love the sound of it, throatty at wot and sounds good at cruisng speed but it cost me more than 280. u cant go wrong with any of those 4 choices

Old 04-23-2007, 12:10 AM

thanks bro! yeah, i found the Jardine for $247, the D&D for $258, and the Scorpion for $254 so i guess i'll choose between those three. thanks for the reply!

Old 04-23-2007, 12:27 AM

D & D is a higher pitch and very loud and very annoying, Muzzy is a lower tone and not as loud. I went with a Two Bros. deep low rumble, can be very loud at high rpms, but it has the sound of horsepower and not the sound of a cheap slipon.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:59 AM

yeah, i see in you're signature pic (looks sweet by the way!). well, i hope Scorpion is good, lol. thats what i JUST ordered! i listened to some sound clips and read some online reviews that i could find and it sounds like its a decent pipe. hopefully its got the aggressive sound im looking for. anyone w/ a Scorpion on their F4i?

Old 04-23-2007, 01:33 AM

I want the Micron either blue/black or blue/sliver. I would like to hear what it sounds like though in person first before I buy it. I want something that sounds like an indy car.

Mike

Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 AM

I got a Scorpion before, sold it, and got a Two Brothers. Scorpion to me, sounded a bit louder than stock, with a nice idling rumble. But I wanted a deep nice throaty tone. And the Two Brothers did it for me. Everyone has their own personal preference though. Whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:04 AM

I got a Jardine can which I want to get ride of and get a Jardine Carbon Fiber lok. The tone is badass and was woken up when I put on my power commander. It was worth everypenny. I was thinking Hindle a while ago, but the Jardine does sound very good at both high rpms and low idle.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:12 AM

thanks for all the input everybody. well, i cancelled my order on the Scorpion and decided to go w/ a Yoshimura. heard one in PERSON today and i loved the sound of it. such a deep tone, and sounded great when winded up! plus it was slightly cheaper than the titanium Scorpion, and the Yoshi is stainless (much better looking). i'll let everyone know how i like it as soon as i put it on.

thanks again!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:55 PM

I have a yosh and love the way it sounds. i went with the carbon fiber finish. it sounds great. one thing i've learned though is that most people that have a bike that sounds the way you want it to have done some mods to the pipe. a friend of mine took the can off the slip on and just had a pipe sticking out the side of his gsxr sounds crazy loud.! another guy bought a piece of exhaust pipe from autozone and stuffed it inside the can and tak welded it to stay. now that one looks normal and sounds awesome.

Quick Reply: slip-ons