F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Simple question for the F4i gurus...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple question for the F4i gurus...

I just bought an 01 F4i, Silver/Black color scheme, good condition overall, just some cosmetic issues. The biggest distraction on this bike is a fairly large dent on the top of the gas tank to the left of the tank lid, and also a couple of other dents which are small but still noticeable. I found another tank on the web for sale, same color scheme, but the auction did not state what year the tank was from. After paroozing the forum it seems to be the going thing that getting those dents knocked out, filled in, smoothed out and re-painted is gonna cost an arm and a leg, IF I can find someone to tackle this job. So my question is whether or not this tank will fit my 01 F4i? I think they made the same colors in 03 but I'm not sure, but I know there wasn't a lot of changes made to these bikes on the outside from 01-03.....can anyone shed some light on this before I drop the money on it? It seems to be a great deal, and I wouldn't have to paint it is the best thing about it. They are asking $150....please let me know what you think......thanx!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
July 2010 ROTM

im gonna say itll prolly match if its black and silver. you can check colorrite.com to see for sure. i doubt u have much to worry about. but its always nice to check! especially for 150 bucks -if u need to get rid of that dented tank shoot me a pm ill be happy to get it from u

Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a F4i guru. But pretty damn good with the web

At ronayers.com the microfiche for the gas tank covers 01-05. With the different availible part #s indicating the color scheme. So going by that, I'd say yes the F4i gas tanks are compatible for 01 -05

Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Default tank...

Originally Posted by vangill
im gonna say itll prolly match if its black and silver. you can check colorrite.com to see for sure. i doubt u have much to worry about. but its always nice to check! especially for 150 bucks -if u need to get rid of that dented tank shoot me a pm ill be happy to get it from u
Sounds good to me, I figure for 150 bucks that's a good deal....I just wanna make sure it will fit before I buy it....color wise I'm not too worried. Soooo....please someone let me know for sure if it will FIT my bike.....vangill I will definitely shoot you a pm for the dented tank should I buy this one...will send you pics too if you need 'em...it will be later on in the week though, I don't actually pick up the bike until wednesday....

Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by bluerrchik
Sounds good to me, I figure for 150 bucks that's a good deal....I just wanna make sure it will fit before I buy it....color wise I'm not too worried. Soooo....please someone let me know for sure if it will FIT my bike.....vangill I will definitely shoot you a pm for the dented tank should I buy this one...will send you pics too if you need 'em...it will be later on in the week though, I don't actually pick up the bike until wednesday....
Ok, thanks guys....think I will go ahead and ****** this one up before it gets gone....vangill I will shoot you a message later this week if all goes well....

Old 03-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt worry about it.If its better than what you have then get it.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered Users

$150 is a good price for a tank if it's good condition.