F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

short or long levers ?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short or long levers ?

So im just trying to replace my break and clutch levers with some pazzo's.
I was just asked if i wanted the short or the long levers, my response was "uhummmm idono !"

Is it just a preference ? one better for track or stuns ?

Thanks in advance for you help

Old 05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: short or long levers ?

No difference in performance..

If you use 4 fingers for the clutch stick with the long levers..
If you're like me and use two fingers get shorties.
This is what i was told by another rider....

I personally have a long clutch and a short brake from pazzo, it is all up to personal preference

Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM

I prefer the short. They look trick and they are less likely to take any abuse from a crash.

If your looking for a place to get some pazzo's, I am an authorized dealer. Have sold to quite a few people on here.

https://www.riverwayracing.com/store...t=0&page=1 There are several pics available on the website to see the differences between the short and long if you would like to check them out.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some ASV shorty's on my 01 F4i and I'm digging them. They are more expensive than than the Pazzo's ($125 ea) though. Like what was previously stated, it is all a matter of preference. The cool thing about the ASV's is that they bend backwards in the event you lay the bike down. I found that to be pretty cool. Anyways, I use 2 fingers for clutch and brake so I find the shorty's to be more comfortable.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:42 AM

I also have ASV shorties and I really like them. They do cost more, but you also get a 5 year warranty, so even if you do somehow break them, you will get a free replacement set.

The shorties took me about 2 days to get use to and to find my perferred setting (another advantage to ASV is the fine adjustments). No that I am use to them, I never want to go back.

BTW- they are ALL great levers (ASV, Pazzo, CRG, Titax), so go with the ones that you like the most. None of them are cheap, but they are worth it!

Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 AM

if you plan to track or ride spiritedly a lot get normal for clutch and shorty for the brake...two finger braking is a must when rev matching...four finger brakers go home

Old 05-28-2008, 05:55 AM

I have tried both, and I really like the shorts. If I really want to get 4 fingers up on the clutch with the shorts i can. plus like was said, they are supposed to fair better in a crash

Old 05-28-2008, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: kneepuck oo envy

if you plan to track or ride spiritedly a lot get normal for clutch and shorty for the brake...two finger braking is a must when rev matching...four finger brakers go home
+1 . besides grabbing the brakes in panic with four fingers gives you more chance to take you off flying faster than your bike i assume...

Old 12-09-2008, 02:07 PM

I've finally decided to order a set of PAZZO SHORTIES LEVERS for my 05 F4i (Got the OK from the wife).

My question is - where should I buy it from?

Everywhere I've seen - it's $179.99 shipped

I've found two sellers on Ebay that both state they are Certified Pazzo Dealers

* Podium Superbike Inc
* Redline Motorsports

For those that have ordered these levers - where did you order them?

Thanks,
Mike

ORIGINAL: Jump1979man

I prefer the short. They look trick and they are less likely to take any abuse from a crash.

If your looking for a place to get some pazzo's, I am an authorized dealer. Have sold to quite a few people on here.

https://www.riverwayracing.com/store...t=0&page=1 There are several pics available on the website to see the differences between the short and long if you would like to check them out.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:21 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I got mine from www.motomummy.com which is running a special now for free Driven grips with a lever purchase.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: short or long levers ?