F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Shinko tyres

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shinko tyres

ive ran the shinkos on my f4i and f3 they are a great cheap tire i dont hit the turns hard so i couldnt honestly tell you how they do on twisties but for normal riding or 1/4 mile times they do great. i dont think they quite have the treadlife of say a bridgestone or perelli but for the money they are hard to beat.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 AM

Well you can get the shinko tires for about $170 w/shipping included on ebay right now and the pilot power for about 100 more. In my opinion, spend the extra 100 so that will you have plenty life out of the tire and you wouldnt have to worry about the corners. my 2 cents.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM

PP- 255 shipped
qualifiers - same range
bridgestone bt-016 -232 shipped (great choice for those that commute and hit the curves).

Choose tires on how you ride.Any tire can get good life out of them if the suspension of the bike and tire pressures are kept up.

I ran 207's,qualifers,pirelli supersports, and now bt-016's .All of them handle basicly the same ,some had a little more tip in that others.But they are gripped good,and had good wear( i average 7k per set of tires).Any modern sportbike tire is going to be better than 95% of the riders out there anyway.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not putting cheap tires on my bike, it's not an economy vehicle. It's a badass, ***** out machine that deserves the best tires out there...and that's what it gets.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:57 PM

http://www.ridenow.com/results/b2c-s...ampaign=flyout

You get what you pay for. Here is a site where I got my two sets. I had the Pilot Powers and now I run with the 2CT's. I got about 8000 miles on my Pilot Powers, they grip like white on rice. I recommend not to skimp out on the tires based on money only. Remember, the only thing between you and the road is your rubber. How long does it take you to make a hundred or three hundred dollars? A week? Two weeks? A month? I have been running with Michellins and will never ride with anything else. Based on my experience.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM

^I have to agree,It sucks worrying about your tires every time you hit a turn.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:59 AM

My buddy had some on his 929 and he got scared with them he had the slide out on him also. I like the bridgestone battlax I've been running them since I bought the bike brand new.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 PM

not to jack the thread but since you guys are talking bout tires my 2002 f4i has the stock rear bridgestone tire on it, the front is brand new,the back is looking thin as hell in the middle almost bald i got 6k miles on her now.I just had a few questions i wanted to ask before i bought a new rear tire. First off isdoes it hurt to mix and match the front and rear tires? i was thinking bout the bt-16 i think its the replacment for the rear since they no longer make what came on my bike. do you guys think this is a good tire for a novice rider? im not doing anything fast on my bike i just criuse along most of the time bout 55-65 mph. everyonce in a while i may get a stright and hit over 100. I just need a good tire for touring around that would be good also if i ever get caught out in the rain.

thanks very much in advance

michaelM

Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I would never run a shinko. We sold them when I first started at the dealership I worked at. They are hard rubber and a squirmy carcess which is not good for a motorcycle. If you want to use cruiser tires then go buy a cruiser. If you want a F4i then buy some good rubber, its amazing how different the bike feels.

Quick Reply: Shinko tyres