F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Service Manual's

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Service Manual's

Hi folks,

I am trying ot decide which service manual to purchase for my 06 F4i. I stopped by the Honda dealer yesterday and they are asking 60.00 for the Honda one. they said it is a MUCH more elaborate manual, like 70% more! Anyone know thie difference between a Honda dealer service Manual and say a Haynes manual? After all, there is a 30 - 40.00 difference.

Thanks!
Jeremy D.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Default F4i Manuals

Go to this link to download the service and owners manual for free.

http://www.stephygee.com/

Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Default Don't See It

Originally Posted by NitroNut
Go to this link to download the service and owners manual for free.

http://www.stephygee.com/

Sorry, I do not see the service manual for the 2006 F4i. I would like the correct one seeing as how the 2006 is te only model for all states that came with the O2 sensor. Also, the question I have is, does anywone know the difference between the dealership manual relative to say a Haynes.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 PM

that site has the downloads but it does not re-direct you to them.
is there any other website where you can download the owners manual for an 01 f4i via pdf or something similar?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM

the Haynes Manual is more of a DIY manual, it's got picture and instructions on how to do stuff. the service manual talks about all parts of the cycle, I got the Service Manual from honda, only cost me $60...i'd rather have a hard copy than download one free online and have to print out a **** load of pages.

the service manual is great though..it's got alot of reference pages, trouble shooting pages, etc...torque guides, tools guides, etc. i think the Service Manual is wort the $60, but thats IMO..other will differ

Old 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Default Thanks Dark

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
the Haynes Manual is more of a DIY manual, it's got picture and instructions on how to do stuff. the service manual talks about all parts of the cycle, I got the Service Manual from honda, only cost me $60...i'd rather have a hard copy than download one free online and have to print out a **** load of pages.

the service manual is great though..it's got alot of reference pages, trouble shooting pages, etc...torque guides, tools guides, etc. i think the Service Manual is wort the $60, but thats IMO..other will differ
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. One more question, do you think the Haynes style manual has useful information that the Honda service manual does not? Maybe in addiotion to or something?

Thanks!
Jeremy D.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:25 PM

To be honest, I'm not quite sure. I've never really seen a Haynes Manual physically in person, I've just done some research online before I bought my service manual a while back. I think if you're not sure, best thing to do is to go to a local dealership or bike shop and ask if they have a hayne's manual or not, or ask them about the two, at least that's what I would do.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They'll have occasional tips on resolving difficult installment/removal issues. They're good books plus the ones I've seen have actual photos of what they're describing. It's a long shot, but check your local library, they may have one. If you want to be cheap just photocopy it

Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Default Thanks Guy's

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Only problem is there arent any bike shops around me to grab a Haynes. I am going to grab the Honda service manual tomorrow and if I ever run into something that's not in there, well I will just drop the 20 - 30.00 andgrab the Haynes:-).

Thanks again!
Jeremy D.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:30 AM

Yeah, or you can always just post up on the forums here. There's plenty of knowledge on the forums to help you out with whatever you need.

Goodluck!

Quick Reply: Service Manual's