F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

serious tail light problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation serious tail light problems please help

I just got my 02 f4i about 6 months ago... the person before me did a horrible paint job on the stupid thing so i have been stripping it down and getting ready for paint well after taking off the panels i saw that all my wiring front and rear has been rigged like hell and dont work correctly.... so does anyone have any pics or suggestions on how to fix my wiring.... i have two tail lights they are led iron cross taillights the turn signals have been intigrated in and it looks as though its all been run to some kind of converter form the main harness.... my tail lights have a black red and blue wire coming off each of them... any help would be greatly appreciated....

thanks

Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 PM

let me elaborate some more... the converter or whatever the wire lights to into and then to the main harness has ten wires on it... black, grey, red, white, blue, yellow, orange, brown, green, and purple... i just thought of the colors off the top of my head so they are not in the correct order

Old 07-13-2009, 02:43 PM

or can someone at least tell me what the colors of the wires off the main harness indicated? i know the orange wire is one turn signal and the light blue it the other turn signal....

Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM

I can get back to you tomorrow if someone doesn't get to you before then, the bikes at my other house. But there should be 10 wires total if I remember right, 2 wires each. L blinker, R blinker, L tail bulb, R tail bulb, and license plate light. If you look at your front blinkers the wires should be the same for the front and back.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM

http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.as...showprevnext=1

those are the tail lights

https://secure.cazbah.net/catalog.asp?prodid=467496

there is a dual load eqalizer... it look similar to what is on my bike but mine has 10 wires

Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 PM

thanks for the help... ya if you could get back to me tomorrow that would be great... im going to try and play with it a little tonight and see what i can figure out

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex
I can get back to you tomorrow if someone doesn't get to you before then, the bikes at my other house. But there should be 10 wires total if I remember right, 2 wires each. L blinker, R blinker, L tail bulb, R tail bulb, and license plate light. If you look at your front blinkers the wires should be the same for the front and back.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Dimensions:
2.500" Square
16" wire leads - Black is ground, Blue is running, Red is turn signal
Directly from the site for the actual tail light. It doesn't say anything about the rest.

And the load equalizer's wires should be paired up to what goes together I don't think they should be for a specific wire. Such as green green/gray etc. Those would be for a tail light, or blinker. But take some pictures if possible of your disaster and maybe we can figure it out.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Remove it all and install something not as ugly. :-p

Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 PM

im re shooting the bike gloss black and putting chrome red f4i decals on it... as well as some chrome red stripes and iridium red windscreen... its got a undertail fairing on it and these lights are set up underneath it.... once its all done it should look pretty sharp..... but im just fixing it to sell it.... just got engaged and have to sell it to help pay for the wedding...

Originally Posted by Aken
Remove it all and install something not as ugly. :-p

Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM

well whats really weird is once i started messing with it my gauges not longer functioned.... but i found out if i put a power source to the white wire coming off the little black pack with ten wires my gauges light up and work just fine...

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex
Directly from the site for the actual tail light. It doesn't say anything about the rest.

And the load equalizer's wires should be paired up to what goes together I don't think they should be for a specific wire. Such as green green/gray etc. Those would be for a tail light, or blinker. But take some pictures if possible of your disaster and maybe we can figure it out.

Quick Reply: serious tail light problems please help