F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

the seat sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the seat sucks!

Alright fellas, so we all agree (most of us) that the seat sucks! I dont want my 01 f4i to have the comfort of a cadillac but come onthe seat is brutal.

I'm diving in this weekend-taking the seat off the bike and bringing it inside. Who here has actually taken the seat apart and had a good experience padding it. Which material worked the best for you and did you put the material over the exisitng padding or did you completely remove it then start off fresh? who has mastered this staple gun artform??

thanks

Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: the seat sucks!

candy asses lol

Old 12-18-2008, 07:44 PM

Ooooh, I have the perfect solution. Go out and ride 9 hours through twisties on a 600RR seat (our iron butt extravaganza rides) then get back on your F4i. It's feel like a freakin Lazy-boy chair.

Seriously, get use to it, your butt should be sliding off of the side of the seat as you ride the hell out of it.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: VTcbr

Alright fellas, so we all agree (most of us) that the seat sucks! I dont want my 01 f4i to have the comfort of a cadillac but come onthe seat is brutal.

I'm diving in this weekend-taking the seat off the bike and bringing it inside. Who here has actually taken the seat apart and had a good experience padding it. Which material worked the best for you and did you put the material over the exisitng padding or did you completely remove it then start off fresh? who has mastered this staple gun artform??

thanks
Hey bro, welcome to the forum. Word of advice, when you post statements like that...you are going to get flamed by everyone. First thing to do is do a search of the entire forum and see if someone else has made a post similar to yours and see what people say about it. And if you don't find your answer, then make your post. Alot of these guys have been on here for several years and we see alot of the same posts, so we give em crap about them...what kind of tires, what type of exhaust, whats that rattling noise....blah blah blah.

To answer your question, I tore my seat apart and wanted to see what type of cushion is in it. You can buy a gel padding online and replace the cushion on your bike with gels. It takes a flathead screw driver, and a staple gun to put it back together. Good luck candy ***. lol

Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 PM

He said candy ***, bwahahaha.

It's true

Old 12-18-2008, 09:51 PM

The seat of my f4 was much better than the f4i-you guys say the f4i's seat is alright-i say it sucks-there is nothing to it-maybe you like it hard

Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 PM

Hey the seat is not the best but hell if your going about 100 you dont feel the seat that much haha by the way VTcbr do you live near virginia tech

Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: VTcbr

The seat of my f4 was much better than the f4i-you guys say the f4i's seat is alright-i say it sucks-there is nothing to it-maybe you like it hard
if you like the sport tourer look yes the F4/late F4i seat is fine. I have had both and its no better IMO.

Maybe you need to eat a bit more and put some padding on you backside????

Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 PM

Ok, I was nice to you candy ***, but since you keep whining about it, its my turn to give you some crap Here's an idea for you, you can put some maxi pads in your panties and then your ride will be soft and gentle. lol

Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 PM

haha, i'm 6'0 200 all there-we all have our opinions and if you honestly are happy with the hard are a rock seat-go with it-Stephens you're my hero

Quick Reply: the seat sucks!