F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

riding in the rain..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in the rain..

hey guys, so how many of you don't mind riding in the rain?? For me, I'll ride in it if I have to but if I have the choice not to then I'm staying inside! Ialways feel like my tires are going to give out from underneath me and I'm going to go down... so am I just being a big puss or are there more people out there that "prefer" not to ride in the rain???

Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Default RE: riding in the rain..

I dont really mind it to much. its just a pain with you consider work. like when you are on the way to work and you get soaked. just when the rain is really cold or something..

ps, i got caught in a hail storm once hahah

Old 03-13-2007, 03:15 AM

i love riding in the rain =]

Old 03-13-2007, 03:17 AM
IDL

I've ridden in terrential down pours and actually enjoyed it. I like walking around in terrential down pours too. I don't always enjoy it though.

Visibility is the only down side, both seeing through the visor and cars seeing you. I just tend not to lean the bike and take corners nice and easy.

I keep a pair of waterproof pullover pants in my trunk for when I get caught. I'd recommend that to anyone

Old 03-13-2007, 03:40 AM

At first I was a box a didn't really care for. I won't go grab my jacket and key and be sick it's raining but if I got somewhere to be, hey.......................it's only water it won't kill ya.After a while you might actually like.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 AM

Rain riding sucks mainly cuz you just don't go as fast and it is harder to see and be seen. I got nailed in terrential downpours and pulled into the agrage right when dime size hail started coming down. As far as ggetting wet and wearing rainpants and jackets. Not too sure bout you guys, but GOD gave me waterproof skin. Its all good

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM

ORIGINAL: IDL

Visibility is the only down side, both seeing through the visor and cars seeing you. I just tend not to lean the bike and take corners nice and easy.
+1
Visibility isthemain danger! Also, the rain loosens oilswhich have coated the road, making thesurface really slick and slippery. If i encounter a downpour, i'll ride to the nearest stop.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:24 AM

From what people tell me, and what the MSF course taught me, is that the main danger of riding in the rain is the visibility, and how slippery the road gets. Visibility gets worse when the rain gets worse. However, the road is most slippery when it's just a drizzle because it's enough water to mix with the oil to create a slippery layer on the road. When it's pouring hard, the rain basicallly washes out the oil instead of leaving it on the road.

You can call me a puss or whatever, but I hate riding in the rain on the freeway with just a t-shirt on... or even worse, if a girl is riding with me and she has my helmet while I'm wearing shades. Those drops of rain feel like needles.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 AM

You can call me a puss or whatever, but I hate riding in the rain on the freeway with just a t-shirt on... or even worse, if a girl is riding with me and she has my helmet while I'm wearing shades. Those drops of rain feel like needles.
With that comment I wouldnt call you a ***** necessarily, but I can think of a handful of other things................[sm=icon_beat.gif]

If you are wearing the right gear.....IE SOMETHING!!!!!! it's not bad. It's when you get wet, then cold that it starts to suck. Rain gear is a must and then it's not bad and even a refreshing change sometimes. Just ride slower than normal through any corners and watch out. You'd be surprised how well your tires will stick on a wet road.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 PM

I won't ride on the street if its raining butI love it on the track
maybe I'm crazy but if I'm riding on the street its to relax and chill out, low visibility and slippery roads don't help me relax or chill out so I don't do it

on the track it just makes things fun, teaches you how to be really really smooth and consistent and how to control sliding plus its just fun as hell!

Quick Reply: riding in the rain..