F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Riding Positions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Positions

So after riding this f4i for a little bit here and there I'm curious as to how you proportion your weight throughout the bike. It feels as if my wrists and arms are getting all the weight and I'm still trying to find out a good way to adjust my body weight so I can focus it in other areas. Anyone have any ideas how I can put some weight off my arms and wrists once in a while?

Old 12-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Default RE: Riding Positions

You have to learn to use your knees and your back. Squeeze tank with knees and support yourself with your back. That's the only way your hands and wrists get a break. Also don't lock your elbows straight. Good luck it takes practice like everything else. Don't be fooled thinking there are magic gloves either, they do help but mostly it's in YOUR posture while riding.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:31 PM

yea i always feel a little in my hands but more in my back cause alot of times i just kinda grip the tank with my legs to let my arms relax, i think ull always have a little weight on ur arms though cause i dont see how anyone could sit straight up

Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 PM

I was just refering to some of the guys you see with the straight locked arms, white knucle grip and butt pucker face cause they are new to bike. It just takes time and personal preference.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:01 PM

Yeah trying to learn how to position it

Going on like an hour ride today since it's in the 70s and sunny with no wind (woohoo!) So we'll see how it goes. And yeah I understand there will always be weight on the arms but just trying to reduce it from time to time while riding.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:07 PM

lol yea ive seen that, with me though it was almost oposite i was gripping the tank REALLY hard with my legs because i still wanted to be able to control with my arms so i didnt want all my weight on them.

ORIGINAL: Ruftags

I was just refering to some of the guys you see with the straight locked arms, white knucle grip and butt pucker face cause they are new to bike. It just takes time and personal preference.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Ruftags

You have to learn to use your knees and your back. Squeeze tank with knees and support yourself with your back. That's the only way your hands and wrists get a break. Also don't lock your elbows straight. Good luck it takes practice like everything else. Don't be fooled thinking there are magic gloves either, they do help but mostly it's in YOUR posture while riding.
I think this is one of the most important techniques to being a better rider. Took me forever to get used to. And not only is this gonna give your wrists a break, but it'll make you a much better rider esp when you're going downhill. The tighter a rider is on the bars, the harder it is to control the bike.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

move your butt back farther and this will put more weith on your feet. Weight on the wrists and arms will always be prevalent riding sport bikes but the F4i is probably the most comfortable one!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 PM

so went on a couple hour ride today and it wasn't that bad trying out some new positions

Too bad the wind came and it was blowing for the ride home.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:20 PM

you know what i find is a key to comfort on my f4i?

making sure my toes/***** of my feet are on the pegs, and sort of standing on my tippytoes on the pegs.

it puts my knees in better position to grab the tank, and helps me find a good tuck position. ugh it's hard to explain...

Quick Reply: Riding Positions