F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Riding for a longer time

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding for a longer time

When im on a long ride 3-4 hours on straight highway just cruzing i usually have my feet or shins on the passanger pegs or my feet on the oh **** bar. It takes all the weight off your butt and bad and put it on your chest which seems to be not as tender as my ***....[:@] but i would only suggest it if your not going to be moving alot ie changing lanes or manuevers. And gotta watch out for the cars

Old 02-18-2007, 04:45 PM

just did a 3hr ride last night, didnt realize how numb my right hand got until i took it off, anyway to alleviate this?

Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

There are a few variables that can cause the soreness you will feel. First off, the sportbike was designed more for someone with longer legs, so you can touch the ground firmly. Second, The upper torso that is shorter won't have to lean as far to ride comfortably. How you ride is another factor, I ride with my left elbow on the gas tank and my hand supporting my right elbow which is thehand on the throttle. This helps out alot. I have ridden for 6 hours straight just stopping for fuel and haven't felt sore. But I am 5'4" so I am a bit shorter than the average riders. Just my two cents.
Do you flat foot your bike? if so what did you do

Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Look up the throttlemiester. I'm thinking about getting one.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:56 PM
IDL

I had a problem with my bike throttle once where it didn't spring back to zero. Oddly enough I just had toadjust thescrew near the throttle.

Perhaps in stead of a throttlemeister, you could just adjust that screw

Old 02-20-2007, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: IDL

I had a problem with my bike throttle once where it didn't spring back to zero. Oddly enough I just had toadjust thescrew near the throttle.

good luck getting that unscrew in an emergency...OHH **** i dropped the screwdriver! lol

Old 02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
IDL

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

ORIGINAL: IDL

good luck getting that unscrew in an emergency...OHH **** i dropped the screwdriver! lol
haha, no the throttle doesn't lock in place, it just doesn't spring back!
You just have to roll the throttle back to zero when you want to give it less gas. It just doesn't go back to zero automatically

I don't know how the throttlemeister works, but wouldn't that be similair?

Old 02-20-2007, 02:51 PM

looks just like its a replacement bar end that holds the throttle in place with friction like the screw

http://www.throttlemeister.com/FTAHR2.html

Old 02-20-2007, 03:43 PM

Friday I will be doing a sport touring ride on the F4i that will take between 11 and 13 hours. 90% of the ride will be on twisty back roads, with only 10% on connecting freeways and straights. More or less, I'll be taking every fun squiggly line on the map from Northern California to Los Angeles. For reference, if done as a straight shot down 101 or 5, this could be done in 4.5-5hrs without even really speeding.

I have a Corbin seat and otherwise stock suspension. I will be doing the ride down on Friday and the return trip home Sunday. I will be keeping a ride log and taking pictures as well. I'll also be noting comfort levels and what not and I will be using a throttle rocker for the freeway sections to ease wrist pain. I will also be making semi-frequent stops, as we all know the stock tank gets **** for range. I'll post something up when I leave and when I get back so you've got a good detailed experience to go by.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:28 PM

Wow, I can not imagine how you guys do a 4 or 6 hour ride. After an hour or so I fell like I was raped by a 500lb gorilla. It must be all the pot holes and crappy concrete here. I really would like to get the corbin seat but its just to pricey. its it was 100 or 150 tops then may be.

Quick Reply: Riding for a longer time