F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM
yan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!

Im rebuilding the "Tip" Im going to weld in the inner baffle piece so its not held on by a screw! Also the inlet piece about 3 to 4 inches of it im going pie cut the ends and bend the flaps down and fold them onto the header outlet pipe drill holes in the flaps tac weld them and then weld the pie cuts together so its solid and no air can escape! Then i will heat wrap the everything but the last 4 to 5 inches of the tip! I could careless what people think... i have another bike that i ride that is not aboxious (sp)... i plan on using this bike on the track only and just weekend fun here and there! Im a poor college student so sorry i cannot afford the best but i will try and make this work, if it doesnt oh well!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't understand why everyone is giving him such a hard time for doing this when he states up front:
ORIGINAL: yan

I figured it would be cheap and I was right! I just wanted to buy it for testing purposes only.
Yes we all know it dosen't provide the right tuning to maximize scavaging and its loud as hell, but if its what he wants then go for it.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: boredandstroked

I don't understand why everyone is giving him such a hard time for doing this when he states up front:
ORIGINAL: yan

I figured it would be cheap and I was right! I just wanted to buy it for testing purposes only.
Yes we all know it dosen't provide the right tuning to maximize scavaging and its loud as hell, but if its what he wants then go for it.
The reason we are giving our advice is from experience.It will save him the heartache later on down the road. Experience is the one thing in life you can't buy with all the money in the world.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM

hmm if loud bikes save bikers, imagine what them driving cautious would do??

Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 PM

There is a difference between loud and annoying obnoxious. If he wants that more power to you. Just giving advice from experience.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 PM

im not hassling him, i think they look great honestly

Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
yan

I took it to a muffler shop.. and i had them make me a sleeve so there would be a way to attach it with a clamp and not have any exhaust leakage! i will take pics soon! im going to try and tune the commander because i already feel a lag in the bike from taking the micron off which i knew would happen anyway... Trial and error my friends who knows i might rebuild the thing just for fun and make it better... Im just messin around with it!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
yan

got it on there with the sleeve and angled the pipe a little! Made a bead all the way around and tacked it to the headers. Also i took the ugly bolt off that held the baffle in, and made a small bead along the back side. Looks really good just how i wanted, and it actually doesnt sound to bad... Its not much louder than the micron pipe when you get on it, and its a little louder when at idle! Here is what i got!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

boy you gonna love that hot foot on long rides now lol

Old 11-07-2008, 01:57 PM
yan

its out of the way it looks a little deceiving! i made sure that it would be out of the way it points out word hard to tell in the pictures, thats why i angled the sleeve before i welded it!

Quick Reply: Review for GP exhuast EBAY SPECIAL!