F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Retarded newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007 | 01:38 AM
Default RE: Retarded newbie

Charging the battery from a running car is dangerous. Usually nothing will happen, but that cant be considered proof of safety of the procedure. It is dangerous.

Old 02-26-2007 | 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: method

why don't you just push start it and let it run for a bit or take it for a ride and charge up your battery?
as a newbie... I think he would have a hard time running next to the bike (if he's not downhill) and balancing the bike up.

Old 02-26-2007 | 01:43 PM

yes i got the bike started, and it rodefine

Old 02-26-2007 | 02:49 PM

glad to hear it worked out and yea i would have a hard time too running with the bike to kick start it

Old 02-26-2007 | 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: ddaren

why don't you just push start it and let it run for a bit or take it for a ride and charge up your battery?
as a newbie... I think he would have a hard time running next to the bike (if he's not downhill) and balancing the bike up.
don't forget that it's cold out and there's ice on the ground! just asking for another drop.

car batteries may be 12V like bike batteries but have way more CCAs...though some have been ok jumping with car batteries...i personally would never do it. aside from blowing all your fuses...it could also fry the ECU and other vital parts of the bike.

Old 02-26-2007 | 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

ORIGINAL: ddaren

don't forget that it's cold out and there's ice on the ground! just asking for another drop.

car batteries may be 12V like bike batteries but have way more CCAs...though some have been ok jumping with car batteries...i personally would never do it. aside from blowing all your fuses...it could also fry the ECU and other vital parts of the bike.
True, I didn't necessarily mean to run next to it and jump on and etc. The last time I had to do this, I had my 9 yr old push me from insidethe garage down the driveway and then popped the clutch down the street. I'm just sayin, a lot easier than undoing bolts and taking battery outand etc etc.

Old 02-26-2007 | 04:32 PM

i know what you meant...on any other occasion, i'd recommend the same thing...but being icey and all...and just to give you a hard time! muahhahah...

9 year old push you eh? hahahhha...can't wait until my kid can walk!

Old 02-26-2007 | 06:30 PM

I used to work at a dealership and saw all kinds of electrical problems from people jumping bikes with their car. I'd recommend against it.

Old 02-26-2007 | 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

9 year old push you eh? hahahhha...can't wait until my kid can walk!
yes....icey...as in Lake Tahoe iceeeee

yes...me thinks me 9 yr old is stronger than me wifey...DOH! good thing my neighbors didn't see me..............

Old 02-27-2007 | 11:07 AM

I jump my bike all the time with the car if i dont feel like doing the push start by myself. wow didnt know it was that bad.

Quick Reply: Retarded newbie