F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Resevoir styling

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resevoir styling

couldn't find the thread about the red bull cans but some where someone mentioned the NOS energy drink, well I found some and installed it. Just thought I would share. I really wanted it to say "Energy Drink" but the can was just too big and it would have hung over the sides.

I

Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: Resevoir styling

niiiiiccccceeee... I'm actually interested in doin that to mine too with the NOS can.

However, can't find it in my area. Might have to go last resort and order online.

How was it to cut around the can? Hard? What'd you use to cut it? Did you do anything to try make the edges not as sharp?

Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 AM

wack, i would just paing that flat black and call it a day!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Man. I totaly did the same thing last week after reading the Redbull post! I couldnt resize the pics and now someone beat me to it! Oh well, wait till you pull up next to a honda some kid thinks is fast! Its funny as hell!.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:26 AM

well I thoughtI was going to use the full length of the can so I cut off the ends where they start getting smaller and then I realized it was way too big. I cut the first one off with a hacksaw which took forever and really didnt even look that good. The second I just used some wire cutters. After I cut both ends off and tried to slide the can on I found out that the can is much larger in diameter than I had expected. So I cut a straight line in the can to make it a flat sheet and then I used regular scissors to make it the correct size and make the straight edges.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 AM

that is pretty cool man, i want to do redbul, but now i want to do that. i cannot buy that around here anywhere.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Midnightmotorsports

Man. I totaly did the same thing last week after reading the Redbull post! I couldnt resize the pics and now someone beat me to it! Oh well, wait till you pull up next to a honda some kid thinks is fast! Its funny as hell!.
? we are on a honda... and your bike isnt fast? lol

o can anyone send me a n.o.s can from their area? I spent about 3 hours going from gas station to gas station looking for one i could only find the big **** ones that wouldn't fit.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:08 PM

I went from gas station to gas station for about half a day. Then I posted on a local forum to see if anyone knew where to get some and it turns out someone I know had some. The big bottle is the only one they make I think/ They don't make them in little bottles like redbull, you just have to really hack up the bottle to make it fit. I believe the redbull can just slides right on?

Old 03-03-2007, 11:43 PM

yea it has to be hacked up. just got done doingmine. i was going to do a different one but this reminds me of when i first got my bike. a guy looked at the stockresevoir and said "dude you got nos!?"

Old 03-04-2007, 12:31 AM

I put a sobe adrenaline rush can on mine, MX racers have been putting the cans on their rezzies for ages, I had red bull cans on mine for the longest time. I believe if I find a NOS can I will switch it out.

Quick Reply: Resevoir styling