F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replacement Front Signals

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Front Signals

Greetings,

I just picked up a used 2001 F4i a couple days ago and I would like to replace the stock (HUGE) front signals. I do not want to go with flush mounts because I want to maintain the visibility for others on the road but I would like something a little smaller.

What do people recommend for a slimmer stalk signal light? I tried searching the forums but most of the links are dead.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you buy led blinkers you may want to also replace your oem flasher unit with an led flasher (electronic flasher). i like the led blinkers that are integrated in the mirrors.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:29 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There are plenty to choose from on site like eBay. If you are getting regular filament bulb signal, just install and go....if you want led, then you need to replace your OEM relay with a after market led ready relay. That's if you want signal to blink at normal speed. Installing led without replacing relay will cause the blinker to blink very fast.

When getting your signal, note that it's 3 wires for running lights...2 wire not, since you are not install flush type, you won't have to worry about filament bulbs getting too hot if you hook up as running lights....

Originally Posted by 10secdream
Greetings,

I just picked up a used 2001 F4i a couple days ago and I would like to replace the stock (HUGE) front signals. I do not want to go with flush mounts because I want to maintain the visibility for others on the road but I would like something a little smaller.

What do people recommend for a slimmer stalk signal light? I tried searching the forums but most of the links are dead.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 AM

Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with flush mounts and get a relay to make sure they blink slower.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM

Spend a little extra and get the proton flush mounts. Don't need a relay and they can strobe. They are SUPER bright, and can been seen from the back of the bike. I'll try and get some pics later

Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Be aware, on some bikes, if you go ALL led, F/R....your oem relay would not even click...just nothing....

Some bikes, you replace either the front or the rear, oem relay blinks fast (but it works)

If you are using cheaper led signal from eBay...get the after market led ready relay from superbrightled.com for only $12 buck shipped....I forgot the exact part number, but superbrightled only offer 3 types, it's the one call L1-FLAT....I'll try to get the link here.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Here is the superbrightled.com link

Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

It's the LF1-S-FLAT relay for honda....pull your oem out and see if it's 3 pin straight across.

now if you buy LED signal with 2 wire & your bike is 3 wire....and you want running lights, there is a write up here on this forum, of 2 to 3 wire diodes diagram. Easy mod...

Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
February 2012 ROTM

here it is...many members done this & very satisfy...

https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...-inputs-84998/

Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 PM

If your stock turn signals are in good shape, I'd be interested in them...

Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by magnus
Spend a little extra and get the proton flush mounts. Don't need a relay and they can strobe. They are SUPER bright, and can been seen from the back of the bike. I'll try and get some pics later
This! I love mine and they're very bright, and can be seen all around the bike.

Quick Reply: Replacement Front Signals