F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replacement Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Fairing

I have a black and silver 2001 F4i. The bike is wonderful but has one problem. the right side lower cowl is scraped up. The PO dropped the bike from my understanding. I couldn't pass up the bike when I found it. It was only $2500 and is in near perfect shape mechanically and cosmetically. I have been checking CL and eBay religiously for a good used fairing. I have not had any luck. I do not want to spend $500+ for a new cowl from my Honda dealer. I also see no point in buying an entire kit for my bike to replace one cowl. Does anyone have any suggestions on some places to purchase a good used cowl or just a single cowl from a Chinese manufacture? I am not interested in painting the cowl myself so I would really like to find something that is already painted. I have also thought about repairing my cowl but I don't want to deal if the sticker that make up the silver part of the paint. I guess my real question is does anyone have a suggestion of a way to fix this problem on the cheap? Less that $250.

Last edited by swaskowiak; 04-04-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Your going to have a hell of a time finding a particular color scheme single side fairing from a Chinese MFG... Best thing I could advise for you is to keep checking ebay CL and forums or take the part to a painter and see if he can match and repaint...

Another option that is fairly cheap is to take it to a Vinyl wrap company and see about having the fairing wrapped

Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Keep in mind most people DONT sell perfect used fairings... They get dinged up easy... And if your a new rider I wouldnt replace any of the fairings for a while just in case you go down... no point wasting the money

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Im not looking for perfect. I am just looking for something that is in better shape than what I have. I didn't event think of wraps. I may have to check into that as an option. Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM

Post a picture up of the damage

You got me intrigued now

Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM

I'm assuming I would need to do some sanding and I would probably need some body filler of some sort to create a smooth surface.

Attached Thumbnails Replacement Fairing-image.jpg  
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Thats not bad at all... lol My fairings are more dinged up then that... thats a low side damage man not from it falling over... You have no holes for frame sliders so he laid it down prolly at 5-10 MPH...

Couple things to look at... Your going to loose the graphics if you paint or wrap the bike... which means ull want to do the other side fairing aswell... My best suggestion is to leave it alone... Its small damage and fairly un noticable... Keep an eye on CL and ebay for one that pops up but not worth the money... your better off investing in a set of decent sliders

Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 PM

If I were to repaint I would purchase the decals for the side that is damaged. I wouldn't mess with the rest of the bike. And if I were to go the route of wrapping the bike once again I would just look into doing it with a stock look. I'm a big fan of the stock colors for the f4i. So at this point I'm probably going to wait a few more month and hope something decent comes up on eBay. If someone else has a suggestion I would love to hear it.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM

How new are you to riding?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Halzinky
Thats not bad at all... lol My fairings are more dinged up then that... thats a low side damage man not from it falling over... You have no holes for frame sliders so he laid it down prolly at 5-10 MPH...

Couple things to look at... Your going to loose the graphics if you paint or wrap the bike... which means ull want to do the other side fairing aswell... My best suggestion is to leave it alone... Its small damage and fairly un noticable... Keep an eye on CL and ebay for one that pops up but not worth the money... your better off investing in a set of decent sliders
+1 for not bad at all

Mine is worse than that lol

Quick Reply: Replacement Fairing