F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replaced FPR, bike wont rev below 3,000 or above 7,500 now.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally have the time to work on the bike tomorrow, does anyone have any other ideas i can check?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Any ideas guys? My local club is having a huge ride tomorrow and id love to go, i need to get my girl fixed up!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 AM

Ok just tested the bike with the tank propped up, when warmed up to 150+ whacking the throttle the bike stumbles for a sec and then revs, it does not sound like its revving anywhere near as strong as it should.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 AM

Does anyone know how i can test the fuel pressure with out buying a new crush washer and the honda specific pressure tester?

Im thinking my fuel filter may be clogged or my pump is going bad.

Please help.. i dont want to take it to the shop.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Damn man, sorry to hear about all the problems. I haven't experienced ant of these issues but the one part that stuck out to me was that the bike doesn't automatically rev up to get the engine up to running temp. Could be that your wax system is having an issue. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you would go about testing it, but I know the wax system is what acts as an electronic choke to hold the rpm's up high until the bike warms up.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DammitMike
Damn man, sorry to hear about all the problems. I haven't experienced ant of these issues but the one part that stuck out to me was that the bike doesn't automatically rev up to get the engine up to running temp. Could be that your wax system is having an issue. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you would go about testing it, but I know the wax system is what acts as an electronic choke to hold the rpm's up high until the bike warms up.
After going to a few different stores / shops i cant find a damn fuel pressure tester.. i dont have the time to trouble shoot every part of this damn thing so i think im gonna have to take it to the shop, they can figure out whats wrong and let me know so i can replace the parts myself.. save a little bit of money i hope.

Ive been wondering about the wax unit for a long time now, i dont think it has anything to do with the problems im experiencing now but id obviously like to get everything working as it should.

I thought for sure this bike would be trouble free.. i dont know what i was thinking.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 AM

When you changed out your FPR, did you remember to reattach the small vacuum line on the other side?? Not sayin you forgot, but when you're in a rush to put it all back together you might have missed it.

Also, any of the vacuum limes on your airbox will cause a whole bunch of wonky situations with regard to your fuel probs. I'd look there and see if you missed something simple before thinking its the new part.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt5606
When you changed out your FPR, did you remember to reattach the small vacuum line on the other side?? Not sayin you forgot, but when you're in a rush to put it all back together you might have missed it.

Also, any of the vacuum limes on your airbox will cause a whole bunch of wonky situations with regard to your fuel probs. I'd look there and see if you missed something simple before thinking its the new part.
+1
Don't let changing a fuel related part distract you from the 3 things the engine needs to run:
  1. Fuel
  2. Air
  3. Spark

I had a huge flat spot on my F3 because the air solenoid wasn't switching from the small intakes to the ram duct. Verify all your hoses, not just the fuel related ones.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM

I'm pretty sure you can't get the pressure tester outside of honda and I don't think the wax unit has anything to do it your problem. It was good before so...

When I changed my FPR (same symptoms as yours) I pulled up on one of the spark coils inadvertently and it wouldn't make a strong contact leading to even poorer performance with the new FPR.

Try to remove and reinstall the coils again

Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Slick 6
I'm pretty sure you can't get the pressure tester outside of honda and I don't think the wax unit has anything to do it your problem. It was good before so...

When I changed my FPR (same symptoms as yours) I pulled up on one of the spark coils inadvertently and it wouldn't make a strong contact leading to even poorer performance with the new FPR.

Try to remove and reinstall the coils again
Thank you for good suggestion, here is some answers to everyone:

Vaccum line is attached and i followed it to t valve and then as far as i could to make sure they were attached, hose quality looked good.

I cleaned the airfilter and opened the airbox to make sure everything was correct, only thing im not 100% sure on here is how the cap is supposed to mate with the airbox, mine does not sit 100% flush on all sides and one of the screws stripped the plastic threads in the box.

Found a good deal on a powercommander as well so im waiting for that to come before i make a decision on taking it to the shop ( 99.99% sure this is not the problem, but i planned on doing it anyway )

EDIT: Also wax unit has never worked correctly, bought bike @ 14k miles, at 16.5 now.

Quick Reply: Replaced FPR, bike wont rev below 3,000 or above 7,500 now.