F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replaced FPR, bike wont rev below 3,000 or above 7,500 now.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced FPR, bike wont rev below 3,000 or above 7,500 now.

Bike ran good before i replaced the regulator, it had poor response down low ( not nearly as bad as it is now ) and bad gas mileage.

Repalced the FPR and now it wont rev above 7500 w/o some serious coercing and i have to rev above 3k to not risk stalling while starting.

Can anyone give me some stuff to try? I dont know what it could be unless i fouled a plug / the injectors got messed up or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. i just want to get up in the mountains and home w/o worrying!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Ok checked to make sure my battery connections were tight and they are good

More symptoms:

erratic idle
no auto choke on cold start up

Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To be sure, put the old one back and see if goes back to "normal". That eliminates something new, that you didn't notice, entering the equation.

Not sure what a FPR is though...fuel pump relay? Sounds like the bike is starving, though. So, I'm guessing somewhere in the fuel delivery.

It might be a bad part, even if it's new (it happens, sometimes).

You don't say what kind of bike this is, either. That always helps, too. Is the bike carborated or fuel-injected?

Ern

Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
To be sure, put the old one back and see if goes back to "normal". That eliminates something new, that you didn't notice, entering the equation.

Not sure what a FPR is though...fuel pump relay? Sounds like the bike is starving, though. So, I'm guessing somewhere in the fuel delivery.

It might be a bad part, even if it's new (it happens, sometimes).

You don't say what kind of bike this is, either. That always helps, too. Is the bike carborated or fuel-injected?

Ern
fpr is fuel pressure regulator, if i swap the old one back on i have to poor gas all over the place again ( this time will a full tank >.< ) Will try if i have too

I thought about a bad oem, the fuel pressure hose is dry but still may be bad i suppose.

Bike is an 02 cbr600 f4i ( we in f4i section hehe )

Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check for a pinched fuel line

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Check for a pinched fuel line
Propped the tank again and checked the fuel line to the fuel rail and the return from the fpr, they looked fine and i dont think either are kinking when the tank is down.

Ty for suggestions guys!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 PM

The fpr is a "dumb" part. It could be a bad part but chances are something is pinched, not connected right or blocked

Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM

The fpr is a "dumb" part. It could be a bad part but chances are something is pinched, not connected right or blocked
Hrm, i dont suppose their is a picture or you have a link to a manual showing how everything is supposed to be hooked up do ya?

It wouldnt cause any harm to the bike to run it with the tank propped up would it? That would let me know if the hoses are pinching when the tank is down at least.

When the bike is running correctly i should be able to whack the throttle and the bike will have no hesitation right? Thats how ive been testing stuff between actual test rides.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 PM

You can run the bike with the tank propped, no worries.

I don't have the link handy for a pdf of the f4i manual but if you search the f4i section only for "manual" I'm sure a link will appear

Old 05-10-2011, 10:42 PM

You can run the bike with the tank propped, no worries.

I don't have the link handy for a pdf of the f4i manual but if you search the f4i section only for "manual" I'm sure a link will appear
Got the manual, its too late to go outside and rev the bike ( <3 you bootleg! ) but will continue troubleshooting after work tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Replaced FPR, bike wont rev below 3,000 or above 7,500 now.