F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rear wheel removal question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear wheel removal question?

i'm gettin a new tire friday. i've decided i'm gonna try and take just the wheel to the stealer since its25 bucks cheaper. i was lookin at the sevice manual and theres an 0-ring on on the sprocket side underneath the spocket carrier honda says you need to replace. does anybody replace this or can i just put the old one back on there? its pictured on page 14-7 in the sevice manual.thanks a ton

Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rear wheel removal question?

don't worry about that..it's in the wheel it won't come out. izzza parta the bearing. you don't need to replace...the only pieces you'll get falling off are the right and left spacers (don't mix them up but do remove them and keep them at home, dealer will lose them), the cush drives and then the sprocket and the guts attached to it.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 PM

Tahoe, nothin holds on the sprocket hub carrier. won't it justfall off? i was gonna run zip-ties through the sprocket and the rear disc to hold the whole asssembly tightly together. good idea?

Old 06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Mad

I would just take the sprocket off along with the rubber dampers. Keep them with you along with the spacers as Tahoe said. That way you will ensure they are not lost.

Added: I am not sure if the dealer will need the sprocket for tire balancing.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Mad

I would just take the sprocket off along with the rubber dampers. Keep them with you along with the spacers as Tahoe said. That way you will ensure they are not lost.

Added: I am not sure if the dealer will need the sprocket for tire balancing.
I had new tires mounted and balanced (Corsa III's [sm=icon_rock.gif]) last week w/o the spacers or sprocket and they didn't need them.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:34 PM

all they need is the rim and your wallet!?!?!?

leave everything else at home...the cush drives, spacers, sprocket and assembly, etc...

Old 06-20-2007, 01:31 PM

if i take the sprocket carrier off, the o-ring (that honda wants you to change) will be exposed. i don't want the dealer fookin up the o-ring, which i guess could lead to bearing damage down the road if they do. should i take that off the wheel too? its shown on page 14-7 of the service manual? the o-ring i'm talkin about sits in a groove on the rim under the sprocket carrier. do i really need to change the o-ring or cani just smear some oil on it (like the manual states)and re-use it? i just wanna make sure this is done properly and nothin gets fubared by the shop monkees.thanksman[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM

here's the rear wheel assembly and the retarded o-ring (#24) honda wants you to replace if you remove the hub/sprocket carrier. [&:]who replaces the o-ring?

Old 06-20-2007, 03:12 PM

for the millionith time...NO!
just grease it afterwards...it won't fall out or anything...it'll just sit there!!!!!!!! don't remove it, etc...i won't fall out etc...

why are you making this so difficult [:@]
i don't know of anyone...including stealerships who remove and replace this part...

it's the hard rubber type of o-ring...you can use those until they be cracking...which is around the same time the cows come home...

get that tire done already! this is almost as bad as your wash my bike thread! muauahhahahah

Old 06-20-2007, 03:21 PM

i was just lookin for some good info from those that have had the rear wheel off an F4i. allright, no more questions then. i'll just pull my granny panties up and head to the stealership friday mornin.[8D]

Quick Reply: rear wheel removal question?