F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rear stand question???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rear stand question???????????

The DMP stands have a rubberized pads for the swingarm so it will not scratch or damage anything.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 PM

Whew i'm glad to know that the welding wasnt associated withswingarm failure!. . I found a guy in my community that welded them on for 25 bucks and about 75 bucks worth of shootin' the bull, just hoisted the bike up by the frame sliders and did it. At least one mobile welder in Silicon Valley will do it for about$150 without removing the swingarm.If you get the big Delrin spools instead of the pretty little aluminum buttonstheycan definitely save you some swingarm grindage in a crash.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sonomajay
Whew i'm glad to know that the welding wasnt associated withswingarm failure!
I was referring to bike stand failure. Having a weld be that crappy that it cannot support the amount of weight required of it, giving the potential of having your bike fall over. I'm not that big an idiot . . . At least I don't think I am. Besides, I already covered my *** by admitting I know little to nothing about welding

Old 03-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Sorry sluijs01, didnt mean to offend. I'm new to the board and havent been using the emoticons much.

I was worried about various issues with the spools too before I got them and if anyone had knowledge of a problem with them, I was interested in knowing, thats all. And yeah, one of the welds is kinda sloppy and I got my eye on it, I'll post it if it goes bad.

Hope it's all good mate!!

Old 03-14-2008, 04:50 PM

does anyone have a used rear stand they would be willing to sell. i looked on ebay but no luck. im not looking to spend the money for a brand new one bc im not going to be using it all the time. or does anyone know where i could get a good quaility rear stand from.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Sonomajay

Sorry sluijs01, didnt mean to offend. I'm new to the board and havent been using the emoticons much.

I was worried about various issues with the spools too before I got them and if anyone had knowledge of a problem with them, I was interested in knowing, thats all. And yeah, one of the welds is kinda sloppy and I got my eye on it, I'll post it if it goes bad.

Hope it's all good mate!!
No worries. I was just having a horrible day, so I had my panties in a bunch. Sorry about that.

ORIGINAL: cjr5137

does anyone have a used rear stand they would be willing to sell. i looked on ebay but no luck. im not looking to spend the money for a brand new one bc im not going to be using it all the time. or does anyone know where i could get a good quaility rear stand from.
I haven't seen any for sale in the classifieds area of this forum, but you might check in on other forums, as well as craigslist. If you still strike out, while 70-80$ right now may sounds like a lot, it's just an invenstment that will almost definitely outlast your bike (unless you try to run over them with your car like I nearly have way too many times )

Old 03-14-2008, 08:12 PM

To lift my rear wheel I used a floor jack for a car and supported each side of the swing arm on jack stands. I put rags folded over a couple of times to protect the metal to metal contact. If you look under the swing arm there is a cross bar by the pegs. I put a piece of wood on the jack to help. Start slowly jacking up the bike but hold the grip to keep it stable. Once you get it high enough for your jack stands just slide your jack stands into place under each side of the swing arm and slowly lower the bike on the jack stands. Easy as that. For the front I bought this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBR-9...spagenameZWDVW

It's a cheap stand but works great. The only problem is there are no instructions for assembly of the stand, but once you start puting it up to the bike you get the idea how it's suppost to be.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:39 PM

thanks for all the feedback, but still have not been able to find a used rear stand anyone know anywhere or anyone that i could get one from.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM

bought this stand yesterday from craigslist for $50 and paid $14 for spools from the local dealer only to find out when I got home that there is nowhere for spools on the F4i [sm=headbang.gif]

a simple search prior to buying them would've helped, so hopefully I can return the spools, even though they're opened, otherwise my "quest" to save money has failed since the axle bolt spools on eBay are about $30/shipped so $50+30+14 = more than the t-rex stands from eBay [sm=boohoo.gif]

btw the stand itself says FG Gubellini model 91834 and is supposedly a $130 stand and made in Italy, wondering if anyone has heard of this brand and if the pic of the weld looks like decent quality, not that i plan on using this a replacement for my side-stand, just for any rear-end maintenance(chain clean/lube, tire, oil change, etc)

the guy I bought it from has a 1k RR so no problem w/ spool thread for him....

Old 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM

No love for Woodcraft stands?

I have both front and rear and they work great!

cjr5137- Out of curiosity, you mentioned you weren't going toneed a rear stand too often. I'd like to ask how you're currently lubing and adjusting your chain....it's gotta be a real PITA without a stand, no?

Quick Reply: rear stand question???????????